No Tags Found!

Supriya Patil
Hi All,

I'm working in a small scale pune based software company as an HR. I'm the person handling both In-house & Remote team of 30 employees.

We have a policy of monthly 1 paid leave and during probation period of 3 months no leaves are entitled to be paid. The leaves will carryforward to the next year also as it is and during the F&F we will be doing encashment on basic pay for all the pending leaves.

And we have yearly 12 festival holidays too & 5 days a week working company.

Now, I want to make some changes in Leave policy so that, employee should not take random & unplanned leaves for a week. Because we are a small scale company & our projects are depending on each other.

Kindly suggest some Leavy policy for small scale company.

From India, Pune
Anonymous

Hi Supriya,

As per your company policy, I am aware that there is no paid time off for employees who are on probation. After probation, employees are given 12 days of leave annually. They are permitted to take one leave every month. More than one leave is deemed to be a loss of pay if it is taken within a month. Correct?

Option 1: You may remove the carryforward option and better refund the unused leaves in January of the following year. so that there won't be as many leaves.

Option 2: Do you use an HRMS application and have a reporting structure? If so, instruct the employees to include an approved email attachment with their leave application. They will lose their eligibility for the one paid off leave for that month if they take longer continuous leaves than three days without any valid reason. or when there is no approval.

I hope that helps a little.

Regards
Gowtham

From India, Madurai
Gowtham_hr

Before deciding on option 2 in my previous response, I also advise you to look up the shops and establishments act leave policy for your region. You can also try rewarding employees who have not taken a single leave during that particular quarter with gifts or vouchers.
From India, Madurai
Supriya Patil
Thanks Gowtham for your suggestions.
From India, Pune
ajukumar
Hi,

I am working in Robotic Company and we have one sister concerned where most of the employee will be Tech employee. I am looking for a travel policy which is more aligned with Tech organisations. Please if anyone can help me what is going on generally in Tech Industries. Location would be Pune and Gurgaon.

Looking forword quick help on general trend, policy i can create based on that.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.