No Tags Found!

asam59
Hello, I retired in March 2022 at the age 63. After one year now in May 2023 I want to withdraw my full PF amount. Last one year no PF contribution. Am I eligible for interest for last year i.e. 2022 - 23?
From India, Chennai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi

As per EPF rules, the amount in your account will continue to earn interest for three years even after you have left a job and not joined any other office.

Incase of retirement if there are no contributions made into your PF account for three consecutive years, the account becomes inoperative. Once the account becomes inoperative, you will stop earning interest on it as well

From India, Madras
asam59
Dear Mr Lakshminarayana, thanks and appreciate your valuable feedback and input. Therefore there is no age factor in PF interest. Rule is 3 year no contribution, account becomes inoperative.
From India, Chennai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, Yes. Also any interest earned on the PF account post resigning, retirement is taxable.
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.