No Tags Found!

madhusudan1
Dear Sir / Madam,

With reference to the above subject, request your advice for the problem I am facing.

I am having two months notice period in my current company.

There is a clause in appointment letter as - Company reserve the right to pay or receive salary in lieu of notice period.

I submitted my resignation on 02nd March 2023 on medical grounds and serving the notice period currently. Because of my health issues, I am unable to serve complete two months. But, one month I am ready to serve and I am ready to pay salary for other month.

But, now they are not accepting for the same. In this case, can I write a mail that I will be serving only one month notice period with maximum one week extra and can I courier my ID card and SIM card to HR department.

Will there be any legal problems for me. Please advise for me and do the needful.

From India, Bengaluru
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

If your reason sickness is genuine Employer should consider it after collecting proper medical proof. That even you are willing to serve one month notice and willing to pay salary another month which fair enough. Now that your employer insisted for two month compulsorily if you stop going to office after 1 month notice they will likely to treat it as unauthorized absence while on notice period even though you courier your id/sim card. Consequences will be they will initiate disciplinary action warning followed by termination, will hold your FFS. This will affect your future employment during BGV. So better resolve it amicably. Better contact the deciding authority by person with all relevant medical documents and request for relief with one month notice and one month pay against shortfall in notice. It all depends on your negotiation skills.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.