asha-nair-shah
Hi peeps,

I need to draft an email addressing to all staff announcing the new leave benefits. Could someone please assist me with a draft email?

I am stuck with the introductory and ending lines. Need to make it more catchy. Please see below a draft prepared by me.

Happy Friday everyone😊

As announced in this week’s WGO, w.e.f. 1st January, 2023 we are pleased to share new additions in our leave benefits:

We have heard your feedback and have launched 4 new leave policies and have updated 2 of our exisiting leave entitlements:

New Additions:

- Flexible Public Holiday ( 2 Paid days Swap )
- Gender Affirmation leave ( 10 Paid days )
- Fertility treatment leave ( 10 Paid days )
- Study Leave ( 4 Paid days)

Leave Enhancements:

- Domestic & Family Violence leave ( 10 Paid days )
- Compassionate Leave ( 5 Paid days )

For more details please refer our policy bank under VOX “Link”.

ADP has been updated with the new leave codes and leave entitlements.

If you have any questions/queries please reach out to me.

We are very excited to get these new leave benefits off the ground, and we look forward to your continued feedback.

From Australia, Melbourne
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

This email draft is ok.

"We have heard your feedback and have launched " :- change this as " Based on your feedback we are launching 2 new leaves... "

"If you have any questions/queries please reach out to me. " Change this as " If you have any further questions please feel free to contact_____ "

"We are very excited to get these new leave benefits off the ground, and we look forward to your continued feedback" :- Change this as " We are excited to introduce these new leaves and we look forward to your continued support"

From India, Madras
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Asha Nair Shah,

The correspondence done by the HR department is for administrative purposes. All communication done for administrative purposes must have a formal tone. A formal tone does not mean that we cannot be friendly. However, one can be friendly and still formal too. Striking a balance shows the depth of the HR professional.

If you are revising a policy on employee leave, then please give a reference to this policy and mention clearly:

a) Which clauses will remain as they are
b) Which clauses are revised and
c) Which clauses are inserted new

You need to maintain the revision log and while issuing a circular, state clearly "Revision No _____/2023 to Policy on Employee Leave"

Lastly, coming to a formal tone again. Have you given proper definitions for:

- Flexible Public Holiday ( 2 Paid days Swap )
- Gender Affirmation leave ( 10 Paid days )
- Fertility treatment leave ( 10 Paid days )
- Study Leave ( 4 Paid days)

Please define clearly each of the above points. There should not be ambiguity so that each party starts interpreting what suits them.

Lastly, there is no plural for "employee leave". Yes, the word "leave" has a plural, however, this word has several meanings and when used in the context of authorised absence from the duties, there is no plural.

The HR professionals are expected to enhance the image of the company. To enhance the image, they must maintain the quality of the language. A casual approach is contrary to professionalism and I hope you prefer the latter over the former.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.