No Tags Found!

pratap-singh1
My elder brother passed away in an accident on 08.09.2018 while returning from office and I submitted all forms for claim of PF, pension and edli. He had completed 6 months and 8 days on the date of death. However the section officer whom the claim document has gone has been stalling me for months now and after nearly a year, he says me that I am not eligible for EDLI as my brother had not completed 12 months of job. I have repeatedly contended infront of him that irrespective of the period he is eligible for EDLI but he is a government employee and does what he pleases. Can anyone please kindly help me and show me the exact law and show the extract so that I can show him, and further tell me what to do in this situation.
This feels like unnecessary harassment. Please provide some help.

Madhu.T.K

To my knowledge there is no condition regarding length of service for EDLI. Prior to 2018 amendment there was a precondition of 12 months'service but now there is no such condition. If you have received a communication from the EPF Office,please appeal to the concerned authority. If you are informed only verbally, then you can directly go to the Asst.PF Commissioner or the Regional PF Commissioner and escalate the issue.
From India, Kannur
pratap-singh1
Ok. They have communicated to me verbally so I will escalate it to the additional commissioner. Btw can we calculate the benefit to be received under EDLI.

Madhu.T.K

It is average salary over 12 months multiplied by 30 plus 50% of the balance in PF account subject to a maximum of Rs 150000 and total put together is capped to Rs 600000. Since he had only six months' service, the second part of it would be negligible. But 15000 X 30, ie, 450000 is the minimum amount.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.