No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Dear People,
Please let me know what went wrong in this issue and your views in it.
I am From Kerala .my husband was an employee in a company there till 2016
during his service time in 2016 company's employees called lockout and the company got shutdown.
on 2020, he died due to cardiac arrest. so i applied for the eligible benefits to the concerned epfo and esi office through my husband's company.
i recently came to know that the the epfo and esi office officials rejected my husband's edli claim stating that he died while not in service.
but my husband did not resign from the company nor he was not a part of lockout till his death. am i eligible for edli ?
please tell your suggestions

From India, Trivandrum
saswatabanerjee

If the company shut down in 2016, then his employment came to an end at that time.
The PF and ESIC officers are correct in their decision as the company would not have paid any contribution since 2016.

You may go to the local office of the ESIC and PF and check with them whether there is any provision under which you are eligible for relief. With the limited information you have shared, we can not give you any more concrete suggestion

From India, Mumbai
subbarao.v

EDLI Not Been Paid To Eligible Employee - Reason - Died While NOT IN SERVICE [Thread 631835]

Dear madam, I came to know that your husband demised suddenly due to cardiac arrest during the factory shut down.
You please once again approach PF OFFICE /ESI OFFICE NEAR TO THAT OFFICE, whether the intimation made by the factory to the concerned office (PF/ESI) TEMPORARILY / PERMANENTLY
If it is temporarily locked your husband expired while in service if it is permanently not eligible

From India, Madras
ommygautam

EDLI - means employee deposit link Insurance. its work as like other Insurance. means till the contribution/premium paid employee will be eligible for the benefits under the same policy and as contribution/premium stopped then the concern person is not eligible for same. stopped means the contribution/premium are not credited further in his accounts.
From India, Rudarpur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.