No Tags Found!

chanda-sharma
Hi everyone, i am new to the field of HR. Please help me out with my query.
I have shortlisted two candidate both are equally good. One have experience of 11month and is energetic another one have an experience of 3 year and good but i prefer the 1st one. But the 1st candidate have a notice period of 1month and the 2nd candidate have notice period of 15days.
If i give offer letter to both that the one who can join earlier will be selected but it will be unethical for the second one , and if i give offer to the 1st one who have notice period of 1 month but later on if he refused to join then i will be in lose. So, neither i am sure to give offer letter to both nor i am sure that the 1st one will surely join or he may not get distracted in between his notice period of one month. Kindly suggest me what shall i do in this situation, your guidance will really help me to be clear with my vision.

From India, Delhi
umakanthan53

How would you give offer letters to both the candidates when your requirement is one only? If you are desirous of selecting the first candidate, issue him offer letter-cum-appointment orders with a stipulation to join before a certain date. Any prospective candidate selected for a post can review his decision to accept the offer for a new job till he actually joins depending upon circumstances like his/her current employer's persuasive attempts to retain him at any cost or the candidate's perception of his/her career growth in the new organization or the psychological/physical problems associated with relocation and the like. Notice periods of one month or 15 days do not make much distinction. If you prefer the second candidate in view of a shorter notice period, what is the guarantee that his current employer would simply relieve an experienced employee in 15 days? Your oscillation on the ground of notice period stems up only from your indecisiveness. Mostly first choice happens to be the best choice ; just go with your gut feeling!
From India, Salem
Praveen honnalli
I really appreciated the words said by umakanthan sir on this topic , if uh have doubts on the candidates joining to your organization you can also offer them with notice period buyout. If you feel the person u select is exceeding your expectations and can be really helpful to your organization .
From India, Belgaum
nathrao

Select one and give offer letter.
No point thinking whether he will join or not.
Keep the other as standby for sending offer letter.
Question of giving both offer letters does not arise since there is only one vacancy.

From India, Pune
chanda-sharma
Thankyou everyone for time and guidance.
From India, Delhi
KK!HR

Pl call the first candidate and if he is very serious of joining, tell him to pay off the notice period and make him join you at the earliest, you can offer to reimburse him the amount he has paid towards notice period and subject to proof thereof. It may most likely work out.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.