smitar_msm@yahoo.co.in

This is smita here, I am working with a small trading (of tools and equipments) company. where the total Head count is less then 20 employee. Though we are very small in terms of Turnover and employee strength, But we are dealing with very big and much organised customer. so we need to be enagaged in activity like serving our customer to our best and customer satisfaction is a mission to us. Now this has become a bit monotonous for the back office support sales. and we wanted to make the job more interesting.
can anyone suggest me, what should be done to make their JOB more interesting and keeping all the staffs engaged?

From India, Guwahati
nathrao

You can consider flexi timings, work from home methods.
Within the working pattern, try to give more authority downwards with responsibility of results.
Have picnics and other outings from time to time.
All these changes could make his work in the company more lively and interesting.
Basically have a high level of positive and friendly interaction among bosses and staff.
Staff should feel a sense of ownership.

From India, Pune
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Smita,
The last sentence of the first paragraph of your post reads "Now this has become a bit monotonous for the back office support sales and we wanted to make the job more interesting."
Now the question arises as to out of 20, how many are back office support sales staff? As a solution, I can recommend you to explore possibility of job rotation.
The second reason of monotony could be your low business activity. As the business will grow, you will have more issues with the customer.
Lastly the innate cause that brings monotony is your business is the trading activity. If the organisation's operation's are complex, it brings challenges in their wake. This is not in your case. Nevertheless, what matters is how do you measure the performance of your business. Have you measured inventory carrying cost? Have you measured the cost of obsolete inventory? Have you measured the cost of customer dissatisfaction? As you introduce new measures, you will be able to keep your employees on your toes and this will help to get rid of monotony.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
smitar_msm@yahoo.co.in

Dear Sir,
Thank you so much for your reply.
To be honest , we never measured the Inventory cost not the valuation of obsolete inventory.Actually we are a very small concern. We were started with a SHOP for Engineering Equipments, and later we start trading of MNC companies product. Now , since we are getting good response , from the market, we wanted to spread our business to other location and hence Employee Motivation and keeping our staff engaged is a big challenge for us. As such we have 3 staffs in Back office Support, 3 in Store , 3 in Dispatch, 2 in marketing then Accounts , Admin and House keeping. and we are in process to hire 1/2 more staff in Sales and marketing.
Now please advice me, what should be my done to keep our staffs engaged and motivated.
Regards,
Smita Rath

From India, Guwahati
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.