No Tags Found!

palasi chandel
Hi All, Hope All are you doing well !
Kindly draft me a mail or suggest me criteria as at my work place one of the employee pass comments to a girl for her figure. So director told me to draft a mail for respect women in organisation. In this mail i need some more suggestions to make our work culture specially supportive for women.
Thanks

From India, Bhopal
siddiquiasna

Hello Palasi Chandel,
You may have sessions/ seminar/ presentations on Sexual Harassment at Workplace to spread awareness on the issues and impacts associated by this Act. You may even make a revision of Sexual Harassment policy to all the employees by sending a common communication (mailer) with case studies or a power point presentation.
Hope this helps!
Regards,
Asna Siddiqui

From India, Hyderabad
saiconsult

Apart from what Asna Siddiqui said, you can bring to the notice of every employee through your mail about the Prevention and Prohibition of Sexual Harassment of Women at Work place Act 2013(known as POSH ACT) which prohibits any act,message, gestures, lewd comments or any remarks, verbal or written or electronically transmitted or any unwelcome advances or whistling that offends a woman's dignity, comfort,safety and security at work place warranting both disciplinary action and criminal action against the delinquent employee.
Hope you have implemented the said Act by constituting ICC.you need to give wide publicity about the act through workshops and seminars in your organisation.
B.Saikumar
HR & Labour Relations Advisor
Navi Mumbai

From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Palasi,
You may use the following draft:
+++++
Date: -
Office Circular No ____/2017
Workplace Etiquette at __________ (name of your company)

1. As all of you are aware administration of ____________ (name of your company) places heavy emphasis on social conduct and deportment at the workplace. Mere possessing job related knowledge or skills is not sufficient but observing workplace etiquette is also important.
2. Instances have come to notice wherein few staff members have passed unsavoury remarks against their women colleagues. Administration of ____________ (name of your company) hardly expected that such incidents can happen in our company. While casting remarks against a colleague, probably the gentleman did not realise that such behaviour is unlawful and it could attract severe penalty under the provisions of law on sexual harassment at the work.
3. The woman staff member has shown graciousness and ignored the distasteful remarks. However, administration of ______ (name of the company) cannot rely women's graciousness forever. Unsavoury remarks against women vitiate culture of the company. Each woman working in this company has inherent right to do their duties without compromising their dignity. All staff members are hereby warned to be heedful of their conduct. Staff members of our company are mature enough to understand as to how to avoid unpleasant scenes at the work. Let us strive to fulfil the the vision and mission of our company. But to do this, it is important to stay focused and avoid distractions of any kind.
Authorised Signatory
+++++
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Avika

Dear Palasi,
The incident that you have shared is a case of sexual harassment. The Law on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace (POSH Law) covers these incidents. Every organization having 10 or more employees has to comply with the law.
In addition to the mail that your Director wants to be sent, it is recommended that you ensure compliance with the POSH law and conduct awareness / sensitization sessions for your employees so that they know that such behaviour is unacceptable and can land them in trouble as it is an offence.
If you wish to seek professional help in the implementation of the POSH Law at your Company, we will be glad to help.
Please feel free to connect with us anytime,
Thanks & Regards,
Avika

From India, New Delhi
Soumitra Sengupta

Ms, Avika,
Greetings .....
I am sorry that I do not quite agree with the proposal of having conduct awareness/sensitization sessions on POSH as this seems rather derogatory to Women Colleagues of the organisation. It is rather expected that Men Folks should behave and show minimum respect to Women within the organisation premises. Someone deviating from such norm deserve a Corporate Capital Punishment. Such employees, no matter how good they are with respective professional skills just be given only one chance with issuance of a Cautioning Letter as correctly drafted by Mr. Dinesh Divekar and then be chucked out from the Organisation on next repetition for such uncivilized behaviour.
Wishes .....

From India, Pune
Venkata Vamsi Krishna Patnaik

Hi Palasi,
I agree with Senior friend Mr.Dinesh to circulate the matter mentioning the repercussions of teasing/commenting a women.
If not a circular a notice can be placed or an email sent to all employees with the content to make them aware that the company shall not tolerate such untoward/derogatory remarks on female employees.
As suggested by senior friends you can also make a slide of POSH (prevention of sexual harassment) and make them aware of employer liability/seriousness in the matter.
Women harassment either at workplace or public place is not to be allowed and unless you deal it strongly women in the company feel insecure.

From India, Hyderabad
palasi chandel
Thank you so much all for your valuable suggestions ....helps me alot to understand the whole about women harashment .
From India, Bhopal
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Palasi,
You had raised the query on 12th Dec 2017. You have received most of the replies within 3-4 days. However, it took almost a month for you to acknowledge the help that seniors provided. Lateness in your acknowledgement casts doubt on your graciousness as well as respect for your own fraternity. Howsoever busy you might be, you could have spared few minutes but you did not do that.
To be gracious or ungracious is individual's call, nevertheless, my only recommendation is not to grumble when you are at the receiving end!
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.