No Tags Found!

Anonymous

I need your help in suggesting some interesting HR topics for public speaking. Audience will be SME owners.
From India, Thane
Dinesh Divekar

Dear friend,
Track record of SMEs about their HR practices is very poor. Many do not have HR at all. If some of them have it then it is good old Personnel Department labelled as HR Department. Many SME owners are yet to understand the value of HR and for them HR Managers are nothing but glorified clerks. Therefore, the most important topic for you to discuss is how HR adds value to the organisation. This value addition cannot be subjective and you need to provide case studies on how HR is helpful in reduction of various costs associated with business.
If you are going to give public speech on HR then you could have chosen the topics that you felt best and listed in your post. You have not come up with any topic. The exclusion of the topic, being a public speaker your tendency to remain anonymous raises doubt(s) in the mind of the readers of this post!
A person wanted to give public speech and that too owners of business and yet while raising the post on the pubic forum, he is stingy with his words. His post is just of 18 words or 106 characters with spaces! The post is shorter than even the prescribed limit for SMS! No post could be as contradictory as yours! The only thing that we can say is that gentleman, avoid contradiction of any kind in your public speech.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Saksham Universal

Thanks Dinesh for your reply.
My name is Shweta and my company name is Saksham Universal. Saksham can help you in building the people related strategy in line with your business and also execute as being your partner, right from induction of an employee to exit and everything in-between. We are a 4 year old organization based in Thane.
As you rightly pointed out the HR positioning and challenges in the SME segment, the value addition is what we bring.
Coming back to anonymous status, it was accidental since I was exploring this site for the first time. Please apologize as it was unintentional.
Didn't list the topics, as I myself couldn't zero down on few....so needed help.
I will be addressing few SME forums as part of networking/marketing exercise, so wanted something really interesting/compelling.
Looking forward
Regards
Shweta Ojha
Client Relations
Saksham Universal
(M) +91 7021517278
Saksham

From India, Thane
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Dear Shweta,
This is good thing that you are going to address SME people on aspect of HR. The subject/concept of HR is not a small one rather is vast and people around the audience would not find attraction. It is too difficult to discuss in details is not possible on this point of time. In my opinion you prepare your topic on Scope and Functions of HR for SME, also discussed the benefits that boost the business and do not forget to highlight the down fall of business in absence of HR practice. Always try to set current examples and recent ones of good one only. it all depends upon your skill and competency verbal communication. Wish you for a sucessful event.

From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Shweta,
I have given suggestion on the topic in my previous post already. Nevertheless, with the clarification in your second post, I recommend you speaking on "Value Addition by HR". I recommend this topic because underestimation of HR is bane amongst SMEs. With profit as only the motive, they consider HR as cost centre. They do not understand how HR helps in shaping the culture of the company or how HR helps in bringing structure to the organisation. Therefore, talking on Role of HR in Shaping Organisation's Culture is the strongly recommended topic for the owners of SMEs.
Another important topic could be establishment of sound Performance Management System (PMS). This is because of SMEs not necessarily measure what deserves to be measured. Though for the years together in the business, I have seen SMEs not measuring certain vital organisation's ratio. This is because they rationalise with their SME status and defer the measurement for the future as they grow. However, this never happens. However, talking on this subject is no easy task. One needs to have in depth understanding.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
mili_sinhara

Dear Shweta,
Effective Performance Management System is most important. Along with that kindly do capability building, Succession Planning, People development programme. Resources Optimization.
Whenever explore yourself on any site Gratify reply with respect to Senior HR associates. Who are giving very value added advise to us. We must have to always remember our Indian culture. Always be a learner please.
Thanks,
Mili

From India, Vadodara
Saksham Universal

Thanks a lot Mili for your valuable inputs. Regards Shweta
From India, Thane
NK SUNDARAM

You can stress on Human Resources as Human Capital Management. Let those SME owners know how important Human Resources for any organisation. People are the Prime Movers, so said our (Larsen & Toubro's) founding father Mr. Henning Holck Larsen. He said in one of his speeches that "Buildings may be there, factories may be there, machineries may be there, but without people, nothing can happen". At that time, we coined a tag line " People are the Prime Movers". As our professional friend Mr. Divekar opined above, many SMEs consider HR as Cost Centre. A strong HR team is ideal for any organisation if it wants to look at profitability through quality recruitment, meaningful training and proper placement of candidates suitable for each job role ! Focus on this single aspect in your speech. You can certainly elaborate on this in greater detail.
Best wishes

From India
ngurjar

Please focus on three aspects:
1. SMEs challenges
2. Technological advances (IoT, Design Thinking, AI, etc.)
3. Changing characteristics of employees (esp. young employees)
And you could get a lot of 'catchy' relevant topics!

From United States, Daphne
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.