No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Dear seniors, I have heard from few of my friends some companies may fire women employees after maternity period because after 6 months break they would have forget their roles and again have to start from first.. Is there any chance to avoid that and any legal action can be taken in such Case...
From India, Bangalore
Dinesh Divekar

Dear friend,
Your concerns or fear is misplaced as side effect of maternity is neither amnesia or dementia. Yes, maternity brings hormonal changes in the woman but then there is no medical evidence that shows that after delivering a child, women start forgetting everything.
The problem that you have mentioned that could happen in small companies or unbranded companies. However, branded companies generally do not resort to firing women employees. Their removal is more because the small companies arrange the woman's replacement. Reinstatement of the woman who proceeded on maternity leave may not be possible hence the employers pretend that post-delivery, woman's memory goes blank!
Yes, maternity break may not just last for 26 weeks for which women are legally allowed to avail of maternity leave. Few women may extend it and may take a break for 2-3 years. However, during this period, as the infant starts growing, then it is in the interest of their career to keep themselves updated about the changes, especially statutory changes related to their profession. Women may spare some time of their day to read the material related to their profession. Suppose if woman HR professional is on maternity break, then she may even visit this forum and go through the discussions that go on this forum. This is also one of the ways of keeping oneself updated. However, if some woman spends time in social media, rather than intellectual enhancement, then she is responsible for whiling away her time and employers cannot be blamed if such women forget everything about their jobs!
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Anonymous
Hi dinesh,
Thanks for your reply...I didn't mean women will forget the roles and responsibilites..am working in start up as HR & my 6 months maternity break is gona over by December..Just want to have some idea if it happens..

From India, Bangalore
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Swathi,
You may spare half an hour or an hour daily and browse this forum. You will get whole lot of information that will help you to keep yourself abreast with the current affairs. As such in the last six no major change in the labour has taken place.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.