No Tags Found!

Sanchi Sudha

Dear Senior,

I am working in Japanese MNC. i have join the organisation on 01st June, 2015. My reporting is directly to Finance Head (CFO) of company. Few days back Director of company mail me to provide attendance sheet of all employees on monthly basis. Without any discussion with my RM, I mail file to Director monthly wise. Director reply me that the designation of my RM is not CFO its Correct designation is Assistant General Manager- Finance & Accounts. I revert on mail along with scan of proof "that from my DOJ he told me his designation is CFO of company and even in other documents(like My appointment letter, Confirmation Letter etc.) his designation is written as CFO" .

Now my point is that after this mail to Director, he have word with my RM(I don't know what he say to him) but my RM stop to directly communicate with me(he only do mail) and even cut my amount from Diwali Bonus and ask me to submit the report of work of every single moment I do in office along with their time.

It's really impossible for me to provide the detail of each and every moment to him.

Please suggest. What to do and what to not ?

From India, Gurgaon
ukmitra

Hi Sanchi,
You have dug your own grave.
What to Do?
Ofcourse follow your boss instructions. Infact, be a Transparent glass in front of your CFO/AGM as he has a spice of doubt in your intention. Since you have been a reason for his being rebuked by his Boss.
What not to Do?
Always get your boss involved in all matters since you are reporting to him. even if it comes from CEO or whoever. Your loyalty will always by the yard stick for your career and growth.
Good Luck.

From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
Sanchi Sudha

Thanks Ukmitra & Sandy,
Please suggest that should I tell each and every thing to my RM regarding the sharing of attendance sheet to director and also concern about his own designation.
If yes, Please also advice how to tell him in polite manner about all this, so that neither he get hurt nor my work situation and all...

From India, Gurgaon
lavika yadav

Dear Sanchi,
Sometime employees try to be smart and jump into number game.Your Director asked for a report and you did not bother to have suggestions from your reporting manager.
It was your duty to discuss and share the report with your reporting manager so that if there was any discrepancy they could sort it out.Secondly there is matter of designation miscommunication there your manager is at fault.Might be he has used this designation to have some benefits.
Now try to sit with boss and resolve the matter and I know he wont stretch the matter too much because somehow he is also done a mistake.But in case he still shows attitude then you can mould yourself according to the way he is reacting.If he is playing email game then its good just keep your work update and revert on just mails. U know I love emails more than words because i know my work is up to the mark so it doesnt make me worried when I receive mails from my boss or any senior.
Best of Luck !!!!

From India, Mohali
Sanchi Sudha

Dear Lavika,
Thanks a lot to provide your valuable time !!!..
I will try my best to share the matter with RM ASAP. And make sure this stupid type of my mistake not happen in future..
Regards,
Sanchi
Executive-HR

From India, Gurgaon
tajsateesh

Hello Sanchi,
If your CFO/AGM is communicating with you only thru mails, play along....like Lavika mentioned...respond thru mails.
In a way, it's for your good that communication is happening thru mails for now....until he normalises.
Whatever you respond has a written record that can't be refuted later & so lesser the com gaps.
The only thing you need to bear in mind is to be extra careful while replying......what's good for you CAN also be turned against you, IF you are not careful.
All the Best.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
saiconsult

Hello Sanchi, since the communication is happening only through mails between you and your reporting manager, it is still a cold war situation and the ice needs to be broken to normalize the environment at the earliest the initiative shall be from you but then do it tactfully after the cooling off period is over since sending minute by minute reports of your work is silly and the piling mails may irritate him further to indulge in more knit pricking
B.Saikumar

From India, Mumbai
Sdrprof

Dear Sanchi,
I agree with UK MITRA and SANDI. If you boss is ignoring you then it doesn't mean that you too would ignore him. Try to communicate him regardless he wants to talk to you or not. Confess your mistake and convince him that since the demand was fro Director so you were supposed to do.
At last your boss will have to trust you. Be very sincere to your boss. At last boss is always right.
All the very best.

From India, New Delhi
Sanchi Sudha

Thanks All for your reviews and suggestion, It's help me lot to resolve the issue.
Yes the issue has resolve almost 80%. I drop the mail to my RM for meeting, as earlier all the communication was only through mail.
In meeting, the queries and issue we are facing had resolved smoothly without any negative impact on each other.
Thanks to All.

From India, Gurgaon
asbhat

Always remember that the No.2 man (your CFO) in any organisation is more dangerous than no. 1 man (your MD). e.g. if no. 2 man repeatedly tells no. 1 man that you are useless, then no.1 man can have adverse opinion about you without even being in direct contact with you.
Therefore never sidetrack no.2 man (CFO) since he is your direct boss. Always consult, show respect, take suggestions and act accordingly if you have to have peace. After all we see each other every day and do not want to have confrontational attitude.
You may go to him, apologize for your direct communication and assure him that you will not repeat such a thing. If you are still unhappy, you may start looking for greener pastures.
A S Bhat

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.