No Tags Found!

V. VENU

Dear Bhavana,
Thank u for responding to my suggestion and thank u for thinking once again for that candidate.
Now, just dont try hard to convience ur boss, remember he is ur BOSS. He knows well wat to do. just try to tell ur boss very softly that ' apart from the s/slip rest all is ok. The candidate is fit for the job. Rest u leev to ur Boss.
Before doing so ask the candidate if he is willing to go to that remote places. If he says yes u may go ahead with that candidate.
next, its not necessary (hard and fast) that other persons shud hav to be from the same indusrtial background.....few people may cope-up with new things and new life very very swiftly. So choose the best u feel cud perform well.
Thats it Bhavna.
Thank you once again & keep me posted.
Regards,
V. VENU

From India, Hyderabad
V. VENU

Dear Pranitha,
All such things are jobs of a 'Liaison Officer' and since ur company as u told is a Ltd. Co. leev few jobs for them too. and wat if you do not get a +ve reply, aisa hota hai. Lot of companies dont care where their chaps go and wat they do in the market. for them hiring people is like buying vegetables from nearby.
Action is wat we can do.......reaction is wat we can only wait for.
in wat way it has to come we r no one to decide. it may not REACT as well.
Few Companies have some problems ( which they know better) in letting their salary structure known or rather there may be few Officers who think they loose their weight or time by replying to such confirmations. They simply donot care.
any way keep trying , thats all u can do.
regards,
V. VENU

From India, Hyderabad
viswabalag
Bhavna,

As a executive in HR we should clearly differentiate as to what we are looking for, for a particular position and what is it that we are ready to offer for that position. If we find a person suitable in terms of the profile and in terms of the necessary skill to take up higher responsibilities, ie. good fit, then we should pay that person the salary as per market / your organization standards and the necessity to bargain never comes in. Here, you have found the candidate to be good and the only criteria that stops you is that the person has faked his salary which means it is clear that he has the right exp and qlfns but maybe he isn't paid right and he is looking for a better salary. So that has been the reason for him to fake.

As for the honesty, lets be practical, how many of those thousands of desperate candidates want to be honest about them being underpaid when the market is peaking and the salaries on offer are good unless they are being paid on par.

We do talk about honesty, but lets also understand that by asking the salary slips of the candidates and cross checking their salaries, what are we doing? We at the first instance have sent a message to the candidate that we are not trusting them and hence would want to check with their organizations. This sends the wrong signal. It justified doing reference checks, which is basically to check the work history and the compatibility and the competence of a candidate at work.

As a HR practitioner, I would want to check the work history of the person and would want to see the fit of the guy to my organization through personality and occupational assessments and accordingly decide on his grade and offer the salary that my orgn would offer for that grade and look no further.

Regards,

Viswa

From United States, Houston
Bhavna.B

Dear Viswa,
I am not agree with u, U dont believe I have already prepared the salary break-up for that position which was decent one. However, thing i dont like is, the candidate was not agree that he made a false slip (& he has put a ball in our court by saying decision is yours) it shows his attitude. N Even i dint put any particular rate for hike in sal, he could have said that i am getting less pay but i deserve for much high sal. he could have convinced me that he does have capability.
To get high package I dont think anyone should take a support of wrong things.
Regards,
Bhavana

From India, Mumbai
aashima
hey,
I completely agree to what Suresh is talking about,,,
One must look out for the candidate's personality as a whole,, If the person is suitable enough one should go ahead with the job offer..
you may have another subtle hints to let him know that you know what he was getting earlier, That would not be an issue with you any longer.
Thanks,
Aashima

From United States
suresh7sharma

Hi,

Bhavana,

Hey my smart Hr person. What you are looking for a confidence in your self. you are confident, you are smart enough to take decissions of your own. There is one important thing that all HR activities depends upon. Have you selected the right candidate for the job and for the whole company.

Would he be an asset for the company in the coming time. Would the management be giving credit to HR department for selecting such a good candidate.

Or

What happended to the candidate in the past or whether the candidate was getting this and that package. Should you go and talk to the management about these things so that if something goes wrong you would be safe.

I often come accross so many pepole producing fake salary certificate or demanding more stating that their increment was due and he would be getting this much increment. The basic reason for doing this is to manage a good package.

Now let us revise maslow's need theory. When the need self actaulization need gets activated pepole tend to compare themselves with others in an organisation as what they are getting and what designation he can have or salary package he will get if he switches over to another company. This leads to a search behaviour whcih motivates them to go ahead with all possible ways to get what he is looking for.

Th search behaviour is so strong that his self actaulization need will automatically activate other lower needs and he will have a strong reason to select a motivating factor to satisfy his other needs.

This is the reason why this person must have produced a fake salary slip to satisfy his need.

Please go through his CV and see some important aspects like his stability, his attitude towards the job, his competencies to meet the requirements of the job, knowledge and a bit of his mind set. If yoou are going to interview him again kindly select situational mode of interview and then pressurize my by adding more complex suituations in the interview and notice whether he is able to convey you the right condition of his mind.

Suresh

From India, Jaipur
Bhavna.B

Hi Suresh,
Very nice explanation, Well but I have recruited another person for this position, who is joining from 13th May,07. The candidate seems good & I am sure that he will be asset for my company.
Well as far as Maslow’s theory part is concern (Please correct if I am wrong), hardly few people would be able to cross the self-actualization line. I don’t know why, but I feel money matter most. His urge of money is always high. Behind every change in job motive is money. (at all levels) That doesn’t mean that person will produce fake documents every time to get high salary. (I can understand the need of money but the medium he has chosen is wrong)
Being a HR person we should follow some principles.
Regards,
Bhavana

From India, Mumbai
Sapana

Hi Bhavana,
I am happy that finally you could decide upon this situation and you got a right candidate.
Well as far as that candidate is consider, well i hope he understands that his rejection was done because of his fake salary slip and he does not attempt the same thing in some other company as this can put him in trouble.
Sapana

From India, Pune
suresh7sharma

Hi,
Bhawana,
It was nice to know that ultimately you have selected candidate. It was also nice to know how HR people are finally joining hands together to provide solution to problems.
Well regarding maslows theory I feel that either of needs can start from both side. Sometimes our self actualization need is often backed by an ability to search for better options. Well in a company I feel if we start from top and drift downwards we can understand the human behaviour better and will be able to work out something.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Suresh

From India, Jaipur
REESHMA
yes i do agree with suresh .why bcoz ,most of the employees shift to other companies only for the reason to hike their salary.so the HR should look after the candidate that is he worthful for the job or not rather than looking into his salary slip and others.
reeshma

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.