No Tags Found!

Managing Editor
We are a Content Solutions company registered under the Bombay Shops and Establishments Act and located out of Mumbai. We have a 5 day week and 12 sundry holidays that are available to our employees.
What kind of minimum leave policy structure can be initiated? Do we include weekends? Do we segregate across CL/PL/SL?

From India, Mumbai
santoshkumarhr

Dear Member,

Every employer should provide a minimum of one day off in a week. However, any 3 days before or after Sunday can be substituted for this (Cannot be varied everytime as per convenience).

This cannot be included in CL/PL/SL.

For every employee who has worked for a minimum of 240 days in a year or 180 days in case of mine / organizations having less than 6 working days in a week will be eligible for Paid leave @ 1 leave for every 20 days worked in case of Adult worker / 15 days in case of child worker. i.e., 1.25 leave per month or 15 PL IN A YEAR.

The said leave should be given on pro-rata basis, if the employee joins in the mid of the month.

PL can be availed after the completion of first year of service.

Apart from this 12 CLs are given to the employee (one per month) or 7 CLs and 5 SLs are given which is again equal to 12 leaves in a year.

Hence summarizing you should frame a policy that allows employees

1. 12 Cl or (7 CL + 5 SL )

2. 15 PL

3. a minimum of 1 day off in a week.

For more guidelines, Please refer Bombay shops and establishment Act.

Regards,

Santosh.

ruchirthakkar

Dear Santosh,Can you also please advise me as to how many leaves ie PLs can be carry forwared and for how many years.I am working on structuring a leave policy were not a single leave should be carried forward in the next year and if there are any balance leaves ( PLs) pending we will encash the same at the enad of the year.Kindly advise as to whether I can proceed with the same.Thanks & Regards,Ruchi Thakkar
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.