Sumita Mehta

Dear All, Is PF applicable for Interns & Probationary employees. Thanks
From India, New Delhi
loginmiraclelogistics

Hi Sumitha,
Pl.clarify this-
What's the status of these incumbents ? Are these "Interns" only on training and discharged after the internship is over? Are you paying them salary or stipend.
Similarly, I presume those "Probationary" are recruited appointed on regular basis and are being paid "salary" like any other employees, and they will be treated as 'completed satisfactorily' soon after their prescribed 'probationary period is over, Am I correct? If so EPF is applicable and you should recover and remit PF contribution regularly. They are called 'employees' not an Intern or Trainee??

From India, Bangalore
Aditya.Kiran
Hi,
Paid Interns i.e. those undergoing internship in the middle of their curriculum should not be considered for Provident fund.
Paid interns who are not students (not doing internship as a part of their curriculum) will be considered for the purpose of PF
PF is applicable for employees on probation.
Hope this helps!
Aditya
Founder- www.iravya.com

From India, Mumbai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: png signature.PNG (22.5 KB, 9 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.