pathan

Hi, Q: What do u mean by resourcing, head hunting, screening, short listing etc? A: ......... regards, Ajmal
From India, Bangalore
ankitchaturvedi

Hi Ajmal....
I think i can answer your question...
Headhunting
Headhunting means taking candidates for for your organisation from other organisations....Headhunting needs a special type of skills by which an employee can approach the other employee of another organ isation or company to recruit him in his / her company.....
Screening
Screening means going through the resume of the candidates and shortlisting the suitable CVs for the interview.....
Screening also means checking out those prospective CVs from the lot of CVs recieved which can suit your company's abilities and required profile and then shortlisting them for the interview....
I hope i have answered your question.....
Regards
Ankit

From India, Mumbai
Sanjeev.Himachali

Dear Ajmal....

Are you MBA? Are you Qualified to be in HR?

Regarding your questions,

Headhunting is when you understand the business of your company, when you have knowledge about the competitors of your organization, when you have thoroughly understood the role that you are looking for, when you know from which type of companies you can get such people...and then target those companies...and fill the open position. Headhunting is basically associated with senior profiles...such as managers, Vice-Presidents, General Managers etc. Because, usually such people do not post their resumes on job-sites.

It is sourcing or resourcing...I am not sure, what you are looking for.

Screening is going through all the resumes and profiles that you have received, verify with candidate, if the facts mentioned in the resume are correct or not.

Short-listing means, identifying the resumes (from the bulk of resumes that you have received), that closely resembles the job profile and job description that you are looking for.

From India, Mumbai
abijith9

Hi Ajmal,

A common question asked by you indeed.

My insights into your question(s)

1. Head Hunting :- Headhunting is an art. "An art" to understand your companies job requirements and map or identify resources / passive resources who might not throw their resume in the job market for you to reach. As a recruiter or a HR Professional you need to find ways to reach these people, identify their career needs and motivate them to apply for the job vacant at your company.

The process to headhunt may depend from requirement to requirement and company to company.

2. Screening : - Screening of profiles / resumes / CV's is a process or methedology initiated only after you get responses to your job advertised through network, print media, online media etc. Here you check the responses which match to your job requirement.

3. Shortlisting : - As you can make out from the term itself. You narrow down your search depending on various factors / criteria mentiond in the job description for the profiles received for your job advertised and try to schedule an interview.

4. Resourcing or Sourcing ?? Pls specify would be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Abijith I P

Manager Operations

Dice Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

Hyderabad - India

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.