Anonymous

I was a victim of false FIR filed against me and my family.However I was exonerated by police and was never charge sheeted/indicted.My parents and brother were acquited.Will this false FIR affect my chances in tcs?Does tcs not allow students who have FIR filed against them but later exonrated by police?I ve no criminal case pending against me.In No Criminal offence certificate what sud I mention?I was never arrested/prosecuted/indicted.No cognizance was taken against me in court.Plzz tell me about the policy of tcs.Do they allow students who have been cleared of all charges or they reject students against whom FIR is filed even if it is false?What is the objective of No Criminal offence certificate?
From India, Kolkata
Anonymous

It was a false 498a FIR in which I was implicated and later exonerated by police.
From India, Kolkata
Anonymous

I m indeed thankful to all of u for ur valuable advice.However I need to make a confesion tha the FIR was filed by the wife of my elder brother and it was a false 498a FIR.I ve started another thread to ask if I need to mention abt dis in the No criminal offence certificate for tcs.Sorry guys for not mentioning this fact earlier.I was apprehensive about the response I would get.But u guys have been very supportive so I guess I can share the truth.Besides I again iterate it was a false FIR and I was never indicted in it(exonerated by police,no cognisance taken).
From India, Kolkata
Anonymous

I ve another thread will false FIR affect my career in this forum.I had mentioned in that thread the FIR was due to a property dispute but actually it was a 498a FIR.
From India, Kolkata
Venky1342

You need worry at all..... you yourself are telling it is FALSE FIR... then why you should worry...... In case if the your company comes to know tell them that it is against the family and not against any individuals.... and more over it is false...
Foprget this issue ...
wish you all the best - venkat - bangalore -

From India, Bangalore
sundar_mpm

You do not have to worry about the FIR (as said by you as false FIR) Also the SI of Police has confirmed that you are a part or party of the FIR.
You may request the Police Inspector as to that No FIR is alive in the police station, which is a valid document for you. Verbal commitment by the Police or any other Government Authorities, will not have a validity.
Dr. V.Sundaresan

From India, Pune
bpugazhendhi

Even for Government Service for which a regular Police verification is done, this kind of case where only an FIR was filed (false or real) and later dropped, does not disqualify the candidate for employement. There are several cases like this. You need not worry at all. For employment in Private Sector these are really secondary issues. What counts there is your competence for the post. If the company, TCS, is asking specifically, in any format provided for this purpose, whether you were ever arrested or whether any FIR was ever filed against you, you can state the facts as they are. If they are not asking anything like this personally then why should you yourself raise these issues, which really donot matter at all for your employment. I therefore broadly agree with the views expressed by Mr Arora in his posts above. Donot mention these happenings in your CV. It is not required.
From India, Madras
aussiejohn

Can anyone tell me WHY it is necessary to mention such a thing on a resume.
It is not relevant in the first instance, and only gives a potential employer a reason to screen you out of contention for an interview as they will not know all the facts and will make a superficial judgement.
Get the interview first, and go and present your credentials.
THEN AND ONLY THEN, when it is considered likely that you will be a viable candidate and they want to start the verification and referee checks, do you present this matter.
Surely you have paperwork which states clearly that no charges were laid etc etc. So you can present copies of that and clear the air on the spot.
That way, you will be judged solely on your merits and skills first and foremost with nothing else to cloud the interviewer's judgement.
Don't make life hard for yourself.

From Australia, Melbourne
Anonymous

I ve decided I'll not ponder over this matter anymore.Me and my family have already suffered a lot due to this false 498a FIR.I still remember how I was a young boy then and I had to fight the corrupt Indian system.Any other person wud have succumbed to the trauma.But I had to fight bcoz I couldn't see evil winning.The police did not dare to falsely implicate me but it did indict my parents and brother falsely.But the complainant herself confessed in court that she had filed the case due to a minor misunderstanding and that she had stayed in our house for just 4 days.And my family was honorably acquited.I've seen the ugly side of Indian law and I ve decided if I ever face any problem due to this false FIR I'll never do any job rather I'll practise law and give justice to innocent people.
From India, Kolkata
nashbramhall

Had you given the above information at the outset, I am sure people would have given the same advice as Aussie John and we would have avoided unnecessary debate on the issue.
I take this opportunity to appeal to members that we should give complete background information while seeking help at CiteHR or any other forum. This will help experts to give a considered opinion based on full facts.

From United Kingdom
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.