No Tags Found!

sumita.s
Hey All,
It seems its become regular practice for candidates to accept offer and not join on the joining date. This leads to lots of frustration and wastage of time.
I went through various articles to get knowledge on what organizations should do to curb this but not much was written.
Dear Members please let me know what process does your co. follow to ensure that candidates join on the joining day.
Your inputs will be very valuable to improvise on our current processes.
Regards
Sumita

From India, Mumbai
sunil Sadar

it's true. Hence, as a HR Manager, even if a person is selected, we issue him offer of employment but as far salaries are concerend we don.t put any thing in offer letter. We put his grade and the pay scale.and the mention about other benefits he will be entitle in that particular grade. We issue him appointment letter within one week after he join our company. However, since we are very professional we make him clear about the level he will be falling in the particular pay scale i.e. suppose the selected candidate has 11.5 years of expereince, then in a given slab he is being fixed at XYZ basic salary. We don't run after candidate, suppose he don't turn up. IN CASES,where there is acute shortage of candidates, we sign with him bond to serve for min. 1 year, on the day of finalisation of his appointment (The bond has very strigent conditions, for both the parties) This way the selected candidate generally seen atleast with our case, donot dare the cheat us by assuring to join and don't join our organisation.
From India, Nagpur
milindksali
I understand the frustration and wastage of time.
In this case you may confirm the joining by the candidate 1 week prior his/her joining date. I prefer through a confirmation mail so as to have a legal proof.
Small/medium scale companies force candidates to delay the joining to transfer knowledge or sometimes to get the work done before he/she actually leaves.
But even in these cases companies confirm the relieving of the candidate 1-2 weeks before the last working day. So I think this confirmation mail serves the purpose.
Besides, you may propose as if candidate do npt join on the confirmed date he may need to wait or may loose his offer for the employment with your firm. I don't follow this because this sounds unfair to me for the candidate as he has no role in postponing his joining as existing company won't give him/her the relieving letter that is important to us.

ankitchaturvedi

Dear Sumita,

I agree to what my friends have said. But there is nothing in our hand when a candidate does not join the company after acceptng the Offer Letter.....

Offer Letter is a document which is issued to the candidate as a offer to join the company. It is on the will of the candidate to accept or reject the offer.

If the candidate accepts the offer then he is free to decide to join your company or no...In case the candidate does not join your company after accepting the offer letter, then you cannot force the candidate to join since it is on the will of the candidate...We cannot take any legal action against this step because candidate can reject the offer on the following grounds:

1. He / She might be retained with higher package in the the existing organisation.

2. He / she might not accept the offer due to better renumeration given by the other company....

Since we issue the appointment letter after the candidate joins the organisation and if the candidate does not join the organisation and leaves the company after accepting the appointment letter, legal action or pressure can be put on him / her...

But in case of offer letter nothing of this sort can be done....therefore the best way to avoid this problem is to always have a second prospective candidate. If the first candidate rejects your offer, then you have a second candidate, which in turn will prevent you to go for the entire recruitment process...

From India, Mumbai
Yaasmin

Dear Sunita,
As per view Bond system is very bad practice, this indicates that a company lacks capabality to retain employee.
Will the employee work with dedication after signing a bond, he will just do the work for the sake of time being and rush to run away after completion of bond.
It sense like employee is a slave to the company.
My advice shall be to have all the communication in email and ensure the employee of his better futures in your company, his not joining may be a reoson of might the employee may skip the knowledge of credentials or goodwill s of company offer for its employee.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.