No Tags Found!

latinsnake
I'm employed by an MNC as a contractor through a consultancy firm(Hyderabad based). So I receive my salary from the consultancy.
I had to relocate to Bangalore from Mumbai for this job.
The joining date in the appointment letter was 11th Sept. The consultancy asked me to courier the hard copy of signed appointment letter and a few other documents, which I did, and to submit any original mark sheet as a proof to their Bangalore branch on the 8th of Sept.
I got an email from the consultancy with the reporting(date 11th Sept) details at the MNC. I met with the manager and my team members on the 11th and my manager told me that my access hasn't been created yet and that I will be notified when its done.
After multiple calls to the consultancy and the HR at the MNC, they finally asked me to collect my access card and complete all my joining formalities at the MNC on the 27th Sept and they sent an email with the revised offer letter with DOJ 27th Sept which I still haven't signed or accepted.
When I asked the consultancy whether my payroll would start from 11th as mentioned in the original offer letter, they simply replied saying my DOJ is 27th Sept.
So I got paid only for 27-30th Sept which I believe should have been 11-30th Sept. I've escalated this issue with the consultancy multiple times which was either ignored for weeks or replied stating my DOJ is 27th and they got paid by the MNC from the 27th. The escalation mail is still in loop and is now in the ignore stage. I wanted to know if there is something that I can do to get paid for the period 11th-26th Sept or at least get paid for my expenses for this period(FYI I wasn't given any relocation assistance)

From India, Mumbai
Glidor

///I met with the manager and my team members on the 11th and my manager told me that my access hasn't been created yet and that I will be notified when its done. ///
discuss the issue with the person you mentioned, he will be helpful to you, as he is the only person who can make the HR recorded that you have reported him on the date as mentioned by you

nathrao

The only thing you really can do is to try and persuade the management to take a fair view and avoid penny pinching exercises with you.
In theory legal remedies exist, but in practise, the delays and issues which will come up if you take legal approach make it counter productive.
Seek a meeting with HR head and try to convince him.

From India, Pune
HR_learning2006

Hi,
If you have joined them on September 11 and continuosly worked with them (including transfer) you should be paid from September 11 to September 30.
You can do the below mentioned :
1.Collect all evidences of working during the said period like attendance records (if possible),mail communication in respect of work with team members and client representatives etc.
2.Report the matter to your Principal employer.They might apply pressure on your contractor to pay you in accordance with actual date of joining.
3.Escalate the matter to the highest authority in the company with proper details and evidence.
4.Threathen your employer that you would lodge complaint with the Labour Commissioner.
5.But firstly ensure that your original educational marksheet is derived from them.
Regards,
Sumeet

From India, Mumbai
Anonymous

Most of the employee give offer letter to the candidates then after finishing all the joining formalities and checking they consider that date as DOJ and has to inform the same to associate which is mandatory.
Note: You are lucky to get appraisal, if your DOJ was from 1st Oct then you would have lost it. Most of the companies follow this.

From India, Hyderabad
loginmiraclelogistics

Dear LS,
One thing is not clear to me - 11th Sept. is't the real DOJ on which you reported to duty to your office or simply the date by which you should have joined your office. What is actual date you joined, punched your attendance/fed your biometric attendance. If both are different dates then there should be clarity. You are entitled to salary from the date actually you reported. Did you give any joining report, whether it was acknowledged ? It's obvious/it's normal there used to be a few days delay to get your access code/card. Many a time the attendance is linked to the electronic data thru' the bio-metric or access code. It's possible the pay roll has no provision to overlook these electronic data. In short, it's the duty of your reporting manager/lead /TL to set right this error. Probably instead of you directly tackling this issue with your outsource agency, your TL/manager should take it up with the concerned. Presumably your outsource agency might be not taking up your follow up for want of authentication from your HOD/TL/Manager. Pl.try this route.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.