ambekar
If your CEO is core committee member in HR, you take appropriate approval from him by written and regularise
From India, Kanigiri
madhusudan4me
H R

Is a number one diplomatic person in the org, it all depends how do you handle

In your case you can indirectly threaten your ceo and force him to be inside the Hr police

Don’t forget before being a
CEO he is a human,

And to tackle the human you have to be perfect H R
Regards
Madhusudan c

shefali.saxena

It is a thought provoking topic, since I believe no one has thought or done this before. We all are giving our suggestions based on our experiences and assumptions.

On moral and ethical grounds, yes HR should tackle the issue, how is a question.

Lets take this as situation for case study. We have to look at this from two aspects.
One; role of HR as defined in the company polices, structure and authority.
Two; what does the country laws state.

There are clauses where such positions are given immunity, there are also provisions in companies which states management has sole discretion to interpret, change the policy.

Rememeber HR is also not above law and policies, so please go through the facts and take decision.

From India, Delhi
9ea8edc57dd80f9df6be315d5
Hi Mr ! Are you just hypothecal ? The Board or employing authority can only take action. you may send the complaint data. however, if i wish this is a hypotheical question. Decide if you want to continue working in your Current Co.
BNJ

From India, New Delhi
9ea8edc57dd80f9df6be315d5
Hi Only can the appointing authority take againts CEO. You may send the complaint data to the appointing authority.If they decided not to act or find the data is insufficient to go ahead for enqiury / action you had it. Many a times CEO has extra ordanary overriding powers againts any HR Policy.So watch out,else you may be relieved of your duties soon rather then CEO. However, I guess this is a hypothetical case.
BNJ

From India, New Delhi
amitlokhande

Hi,
as i mentioned in my last post about this problem, as a HR Manager cannot take a action aganist CEO so we can atmost accelerated this issuse to board of Directors, yes but there is a risk of losing a job, but if look out with other side, if this issuse is not acclerated to Board of Directors and if it is a serious issuse, then end of the day management will blame Hr manager only for hiding CEO's mistake. so i think its better to inform seniors about CEO's issuse.

Thanks & Regards
Amit L

From India, Mumbai
shaileshkjoshi
If Policy is finalized by CEO / MD than you can notice the violation, directly don’t take any action other wise you may come in to problem.:-P

ravikmk
Dear All
When a company formulate then by MOA all power are vasted into Directors for all.
If management (BOD) think to have authority in someone, they may pass a resolution in this regards and will give a copy to concerned person other wise you can not thke action eventhough you are having clause into appointment leter(does'n metter)
:-P:-P:-P

From India
ravikmk
Dear All
When a company formulated then by MOA all power are vasted into Directors for all.
If management (BOD) think to have authority in someone, they may pass a resolution in this regards and will give a copy to concerned person other wise you can not thke action eventhough you are having clause into appointment leter(does'n metter)
:-P:-P:-P

From India
Sheryl Correa
Hi,
Being an employee of the comany and as per comapny law anyone who violate the act is wrong and an action needs to be taken against him or her .
But before processing we need to really think on it that will the required action taken will be helpful or else you will be in Jeopardy.
the complaint shud be filed in such a way wherein your name shud not be refelcted and if refelcted you shud have a solid /valid proof to prove it for remember he is the CEO of the company

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.