Sameena Khan
We are in process of revisiting our HR processes and policies and would like to understand the best practices. In my current organisation, we don't allow employees to avail any sick/ casual/ paid leave during notice period and my legal team is suggesting to continue this practice. Would like to know the practice in your organisation, this data will help us in consolidating and building a better policy for our employees.
From India, Bangalore
nathrao

Neither management nor employee can control illness.If employee falls sick and has genuine medical documents to prove illness,his leave cannot be denied. Leave due to an employee cannot be forfeited.
From India, Pune
Sai18

Hi Sameena,
Generally, many organisations do not allow casual or paid leaves during the notice period of an employee. However, sick leave is something that is debatable. The best practice would be to let the employee avail the sick leave during notice period if required and adjust the financial equivalent during his or her full and final settlement.
Hope that answers your question. Please feel free to ask, if you have any other queries.
Regards
Sairam Bandi
Email -

From India, Bengaluru
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Sameena,
Separation from the company and eligibility for leave are two independent issues. No (R) No labour law has provision to prohibit employee's leave just because he/she has submitted resignation.
Any decision or policy related to the employees has to be compatible with the labour laws in vogue. You may give something more than the law stipulates but not less. In your case you are depriving employees their legitimate dues. What justification will you give if you receive notice from the labour officer?
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Anonymous
Thank you all for the response.
From India, Bangalore
Sameena Khan
Appreciate Dinesh, Sairam and other for responding to my query. It helps. Regards Sameena
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.