waqaralvi
Approach any member from board of directors but before this make sure that 'individual' is known to you directly or indirectly.The only reason you can take up a case is when something drastic is being done by CEO against the organization which can ultimately harm the business interest or good name of the organization. You must have 100% proof also as this is your 'bullet proof jacket'. If you fail to inform the 'incident' to the board,then you and other senior management may face the action for concealing the facts and will be considered as party to the suject 'adventure'.
Waqar

sivaipm

CEOs are indispensable to a organisation than you. It is upto the Chairman or MD to decide and no performing CEO will be relieved for any frivolous issues. The same issues may be serious for employees at lower level. So you can bring it to the notice of higher ups and leave it to them than worry about this.
From India, Mumbai
pridin
ya definitly, if all the employees support u, u can. but it will be on risk from your side. if u do it alone. u sld hve valied reason.
From India, Coimbatore
usha HR

Hi
Before you take action against him, you will lose your job.
Try to explain him the policy so that other employees will follow the policies taking him as a lead.
You can speak to the other directors regarding him as if you are asking advise from them.

From India, Hyderabad
Sheryl Correa
Hi,
if CEO has violated any polices of the comapny you can inform the Manager Senior to the CEO ......
if something can be done overall you cant take any action against the CEO for he is the company head the one who makes Policies .....

From India, Mumbai
himanshupathak

Its a good question. In a democratic country nobody is above law. Pl tell me your Orgn Structure. If your CEO is reporting to Board of Director then in that case competent authority is Board in a say Chairman Or Managing Director, who can take action against your CEO. HR-Head has to give specific complaint against CEO and convinced Board of Director, who may in turn find any serious lapses then they may decide to take action. HR roll is to provide correct position to Director.
I salute for your bold version for taking action against CEO.
himanshu

From India, Ahmadabad
vishwagayathri

Points to be pondered before any action to be initiated:
Understand the Gravity of the issue
Collect the Data and Facts pertaining to the problem
Also analyse the Root cause if need be
If it a Violation of Integrity, proven red handed such as "sexual harrassment", "Thefts", "Mis appropriation", "falsification of documents", "Causing damage to the business" etc, we need to highlight to the board of directors including the CEO.
Remember, most organisations have come out with the Open door policy and there is no hard or fast rules exit.
Put your views in a affirmative way and have the things going.
Irrespective of the levels, designations etc, VIOLATION OF INTEGRITY is perceived as uncivilised act and i dont think people will vouch for it.

From India, Trivandrum
preet_jhang2004@yahoo.com

Dear,
As very well said, CEO is the head of the organization and above all kind of heading the human resources too.
Before you go ahead you should be sure about
  1. the facts and figures on basis of which you are challenging the situation
  2. Also be sure that the people senior to him in the organization will be fair in dealing with the situation- as if the situation should not trun out to be where you are made a scape goat
  3. Also would the CEO take it in fair manner?? As this may result in a very diffcult situation for you to wrok with him after that- he may make your life miserable
If you are sure of these facts and figures then go ahead and take the step.......just an after thought in Indian scenario- an unimagainable situation though
Wish you all the very best
Cordially,
preet

From India, Bangalore
opensystems
Hi Srinivasan,

I am not sure of your thoughts behind originating this topic however it seems you are lacking few funtamentals in an official hierarchical levels. Understand that CEO stands for Chief Executive Officer and the highest position in any organization reporting to the board of directors. As someone above rightly pointed out he/she is the one who sets the mission and vision of the company to prosper.

I think more inputs from you will help me to give more suggestions. But it looks like you have a difference of opinion with your boss or ego clashes - whatever it may be its better to discuss and resolve than thinking on taking actions -which you are not hierarchically authorized.

Respect senior officers of the company as their intentions will be always for the best interest of the company and its team members. Remember if team members contribute company grows. No CEOs want the company to fall and thus ill treating his own employees.

So support your boss and bring a professional work culture in your organization. Also look around other departments as there might be so many iterations required to bring effective process, resource maintenance and attitude. Why don't you focus and input your efforts on those key areas.

I hope these inputs might give you some tips on the approach moving ahead.

Thanks
Mahesh

From India, Thiruvananthapuram
LINGARAJU.N

Sam Dsouza statment is exactly correct, we can't have authority or empower to initiate disciplinary action against CEO, We can only put the issue infront of MD and can discuss with our senior, Let them to take action and all, As a Manager our responsibility is take and note mistakes with proff, these proofs may helps to MD and Our seniors to judge the issued. Pl some one correct me if I'm wrong.
rgds
Lingaraju.N

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.