View Poll Results: What course of action this chap needs to take?
Should ask for written explaination for his termination and fiht for his rights?g 162 68.35%
Forgot the incident as a pinch of salt in his carrier & serach some other job 75 31.65%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

MonicaL
Hi All,Mixed reactions here!!! While I empathize with the enthusiastic young lad, I believe he made his move too fast. As a professional whenever you join ar first any organization, your first objective is to check the work culture, the do's and don'ts and then plan your way in.....Office emails are for official purpose and there was nothing official about this mail and also it is evident that this introductory mail culture is also not there. I am sure he must have recieved a lot of mails welcoming him but this does not make it right.I feel he should speak to the MD and put his point across before taking any further action. And if Head HR is with him, I am sure MD will be able to see the reasons why he was hired for the role.regards,Monica
From United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
gladies
Hi,
Definitely, the MD's behaviour is not pardonable. It is really sad that a person with his calibre has been treated in this manner.
I am sure he will not be idle for long. He will soon find a suitable position. Wishing him all the very best.
Cheers
Gladies

From India
Shwetasoni
Dear Cirrus
I agree that the termination decision was an extreme step but I also find that Sr. Ex mail was a complete non-sense. The mail looks like a mail written to a friend not to colleague ,boss or junior. If some fresh graduate , CRM or marketing people would have written that mail then some how it would have been digested but an HR person that too with two years of work experience , writes a mail like this , I find undigestable.
Every organisation has its own culture and climate. One organisation may follow flat structure and open culture where anybody can approach senior most person for any reason or can call him by name and in other organisation strict hierarchy and formal structure.
Before writing such mail I think he should get the idea of culture and climate of the organisation
Shweta Bharti

From India, Gurgaon
vishalg

Its realy depressing to read all this but I truly feel.....
He was best suited for the job, but the company was not what he deserved.

Don’t worry my dear as the company doesn’t close down because of one person.
Same way deserving person’s career does not stop, he will get much more opportunities

Cheer up !!!!!! :icon1:

From India, Mumbai
ashamanjunath
Hi Cirus,
It is very sad to read this. The MD of this Company is a person who does not have any sense of Humour and sense of Humanity.
[IMG]https://www.citehr.com/images/icons/icon9.gif[/IMG]
Asha Manjunath

From India, Bangalore
ccdepindia@yahoo.co.in

Hi,
As a new appointee and particularly in HR, the person should have known that he is supposed to adhere to the company policies in matters of his conduct and behaviour. He ought to have enquired whether it would be all right sending an introductory mail, without formal approval. His action in writing a mail, immediately on joining, without prior apporval, was most irregular and uncalled for. He has displayed a lot of immaturity in his conduct. He should learn from his experience, and concentrate on his work instead of tom tomming about himself by sending irresponsible mails.
Cyril

From India, Nagpur
Girija Prabhu
Hi all,
After reading the article i observe that the mail what HR person has written was bit childish.May be he wanted to project himself as an enthu and happy go person .His mail was more focussed into his personal interests rather than professional interests.
But just because he has written a mail like this termination is defenitely not a apt action!!

From India
svandana9

Thanks Cirus for bringing infornt of such issues that is happening all around us.Even I think on the same track , Just sending a Introductory mail how a senior person can terminate that employee from his company.Instead of terminate M.D could warn him not to mark such kind of mail to him.But this is eye opener fact came. I will definitely try to help Mr. yadav.Regards,Vandana Sharma
From India, New Delhi
illusionist72
That guy should have introduced himself not by such childish mail but by proving his creditworthiness and worth by exceeding expectations of his peers and bosses thru his work.
Such emails are waste if they are not bringing in buiness for the company...
u oughta mature up bro...
Cheers

From India, Delhi
seshu79

Hi Friend, Good time ahead for you yaar. Dont get disappointed All the best Best Regards, Seshu Kumar.J
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.