Pratik
Hello Everybody,
I am Pratik Agarwal, a first year student of St. Xaviers College(B.Com), Kolkata. A few friends of mine and me are inclined to use this puja holidays of one month to do a project(through our college).We have decided to do a project on 'workers participation in management' I know its a huge topic....but I hope u will be helping us in this project.....please do send me your prestigious opinions on this topic. We plan to go to some reputed Cos. and see the employees' participation in decision making and its effect on the effectiveness of the Co. Please help me out as how to proceed on this topic. I will be waiting for your reply. Thanking you in anticipation.
Pratik

From India, Calcutta
Gunjan Khaitan

Hi Pratik
I am also a student (MBA) in HR from Kolkata. Its really good to see u younger lot so much enthusiastic. Keep it up.
First of all, I think u should start with literature survey-- what is Industrial relation, difference between HR and IR, what is the role of Trade unions in IR and its evolution. Also u should know about Bipartism and Tripartism and the labour laws in a nutshell. This will strengthen ur base.
Worker's participation is a Bipartite system between the union and management to empower the workers to be a part of the decision making process.
I suggest u guys should read 'Monappa'. Ill also post the laws(Mainly the Wage laws) and the evolution of Trade unions by tomorrow in a simple way so that its easy to understand.
Hope this gives u a momentum
Cheers
Gunjan

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.