Manish Arora
Dear, i want to say only that "Come with punctuality Go with responsibility". If any employee late then u send daily basis mail to Departments head & also describe that the person late how many days in a month. Send it to plant head also. This will be fear for employees.
From India
Sanigeo
Hi Pooja,
We do have te same problem. what we practice is thz all the employee who sits late we have given them 45 mints buffer time in te morning . If he is again late need to get te aproval or it will be counted as half day.
regards
sanigeo

From India, Kochi
satishkumarsc
issue a reminder letter for those who are reporting late.
send a warning letter when they are ignored ur ist warning letter.
if it is not helped, then u can take displinary action for those..
regards
satish

From India, Bangalore
skg.lumax

Dear Pooja,
Your question is very nice, because we all who are relates with HR face this problem with our organisations.
But the answer of your employees to ask their late coming "they tend to say that we don't question them at the time when they work late so why do we question on their late arrivals" is wrong because they have assigned their work to complete in time frame. Either late sitting or else. In lieu of this time frame work, the same employees also get incentives/rewards/promotins etc in any kind from their employers. So, there is no any question to mix up late sitting or late coming.
In my personal opinion, the late coming is habit !!!
Regards,
Shailendra Gupta

From India, Delhi
santosh.sinha@capgemini.c
There should be an approval of HOD, if HOD is allowing to their team to come late after working late hour, then I do not think there should be any problem to HR, coz the moment HOD is approving then costing will go to the particular department and it will easy for HR also to update their record for the audit purpose.
:neutral:

From India
arvind shukla
Hi all,
In the organisations where Over Time (OT) is paid, or 'Compensatory Off' is given for working beyond 'normal working hours' the issue is dealt with systematically. However, in the organisations where OT or Compensatory Off is not given to the employees, we need to be discreet in checking the personnel for 'late coming'.
This is an HR issue, and if the things could have been that straight, as per the books, then there is no need for checking/ conselling, the attendance card-reader could have done the job; any one late, deduct the salary as per set norms !!

We need to mark, as to who are the 'habitual late comers', and after consulting their respective group heads we can get to know as to who is getting late because of working late (due organisational requirements) and who are the actual defaulters.
There can be no 'hard & fast' solutions to such situations, and no 'fixed answers'; such are the situations where our managerial skills come to the fore.

So, lets be discreet, and understanding. Or, let the 'attendance card reader' do the job :unsure:

From India
essprsd

I totally disagree with Mr. Malik "that HR has not asked for late sitting..." but in the mean time i agree with him to keep discipline/decorum of the office.

late coming and late sitting has severals reasons, HR can ask an employee to be in time in office. but in the meantime they are ought to ask why late sitting every day, if any.

late sitting by a jr staff may be bcos of the boss coming late in office, work load and/or last hour emergency etc etc.. well, while asking an emplyee to be in time when he/she goes late every day, the point to be checked is that if the late sitting hours be compensated by any means like monetray benefits etc...?? if yes, even if an employee leave office late, he/she should come in time, or else flexi-timings are to be allowed.

In my view, only one sided view (from organization part) will gradually collapse the system and resentment will develop among employees and they start leaving..

OVER AND ABOVE, ALL ARE DEPENDING UPON THE ORGANIZATIONS POLICY

Thanks

Essprsd

From India, Bhopal
laxshmi
Dear Seniors,
this is truly a real-time problem discussion... and the points kept are quite relevant to the situation.
I'll not say this is my opinion/ Or i think so.. but Late COMING IS NOTHING BUT A HABIT.
That's hence proven in my own organization. It's the result of observation for 2 complete years. Yet we follow flexi-hours slot for attendance. Ironically, those who stay near +opted for the last slot of the day = Never reach office on time.
10-15mins extra grace still they ask for & finally admitted it as a habit. this is not based on a single sample but a group was taken as a sample.
Plz provide more insights.
thanks..

From United States, Cambridge
arsn_143
i only say one thing ....it snot a new thing coming late in an organisation.. but thing is sure " if anybody is not able to complete his job in his 8 hr work then he is bad in tme mangement system"
its envolved lot of things like commitment of projects.. and neglegence in planning

From United States, Canton
dimalraj
Hi all,
this would be my response.
Going late does not provide privilege to employees to come late to office. Working late hrs will be a credit given to emp performance and it should be reflected in their performance rating.
If lateness is frequent then it should be shielded with the necessary penalty or disciplinary action. Draw a strict code of compliance to attendance and you will definitely reduce lateness and thereby improving productivity.
Also note: all employees are not the same. being an HR you should know whom to weigh and on what scale. Always have a logical reason when you face your employees.

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.