Patanjali Verma
PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Hi all...
My situation is very different. I left my job in my previous organisation on 27th January 2015. As the notice period was less they have not paid almost Rs.68000.00 and asked me to pay Rs.29000.00 additional for clearance. Under what head they have deducted and charged me was not told to me. (but I am sure that they have done mistake of not deducting/Charging Income tax).
As system usually the hotel was deducting the income tax (for complete financial year) from salary of January, February and March. This was the practice since years.
Now since the month of May I have written several mail and communicated telephonically whether they have deducted my Tax or not they didnt replied me. I even written the mail at corporate office but they also didnt replied. I clearly written that I have to take loan in coming time then also they there was no concrete reply. Every time I got the reply that they are looking in to this.
FINALLY I ASKED THEM TO GIVE ME FORM 16 BUT THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND HOTEL UNIT DIDNT REPLIED.NOW ITS JUNE 2015 AND I HAVE TO FILE THE RETURN BUT I AM NOT GETTING ANYTHING RELATED TO INCOME TAX.

Its very necessary for me to take loan in future. What should I do?? Is it possible to file return without Form 16.

Please help me and suggest me..

Regards
Patanjali

From India, Thane
nathrao

When employer deducts TDS and does not give form 16,the rule is
In case an employer fails to provide you a Form 16 after having deducted TDS – the minimum penalty that the employer will pay is Rs 100 for every day the default continues. You can write about this failure of your employer to the Assessing Officer who may take action against the employer, including levying penalty as mentioned above and also carrying out other proceedings against the employer as required.
I would advice you to check your form 26as by registering your self at https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in...LoginHome.html.
The tax deducted will be seen credited to your a/c and if not seen here could mean employer has not paid the tax to income tax department.

From India, Pune
nathrao

If TDS has never been deducted,then form 16 is not required to be issued.
Also before posting a query in this forum,please check the really vast database for similar query.It is bound to be posted and clarified by other members

From India, Pune
Patanjali Verma
IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY SO THAT I CAN FILE MY RETURN. MY EMPLOYERS HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING REGARDING TAX DEDUCTION SO THERE IS NO QUESTION THAT THEY HAVE DEPOSITED ANY AMOUNT AS MY INCOME TAX. I AHVE TO TAKE LOAN IN JANUARY 2016.
From India, Thane
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.