mitesh_s80
Dear All,
Looking at the current economic scenario, its evident that all the organizations are looking to cut cost and right size their organization and Jet Airways is no different. Infact Jet Airways should have downsized their staff in phases than down sizing them overnight. Atleast that should have saved Jet from not getting into controversy and diluting its brand name.
It is, as if, you want to reduce flab you cant go and reduce 100 kg in days time it takes time may you lose 10 kg every month and so on. Thats the approach that they should have approaced. Also HR dept must have acted on the decision of the top management as HR would not like to downsize organizations strength by this huge number in short span of time. As HR dept knows what it takes and cost to hire a new employee on board.
Thanks and regards,
Mitesh Shah.

From India, Mumbai
manasvi

I my opinion, these are the issues related to org's strategy. No strategy is made to ensure failure..this is various micro and macro environmental factors which leads failure or calls for amendments in the strategy being followed. From here, its not only HR professional failure to manage the show but all who were involve in the formulation and implementation of the strategy are equally responsible for this fiasco..
Never the last, Future is still uncertain......

From India, Bangalore
manoj rasal
i think this all issue is raised because.....jet airways not having sufficiet profit...so they taken that kind of harsh decision...which are not acceptable in country like india...coz we are quite amature about these things...we hav unions in every sector and can not accept tht they fired 800 employees...tehy should give intentions to the employees......it's true but what can they do if they are not having that much profit....but coz of polytical pressure n realization of their attatchment towards the job,employees family responsibility.......they took them back...it's positivi approach shown by jet airways...employee should give their 100% to get jet as a no.1.....
From India, Aurangabad
vizaghr
The reputation of Jet Airways and their staff has always been excellent
but the retrenched staff approaching MNS for 'solving' their problem brings
up major questions about their judgement.

Anyway, these are tough times so let's ask ourselves some tough questions.

How many of us actually join a company based on it's strengths and the work involved?

Is it not the case that most of our decisions are based on the salary?

As a part of the HR fraternity, haven't we seen that in many cases
people leave despite getting many perks and amenities?

Why is it that a company should pay us increasingly higher salaries mostly based on our perceived knowledge (perceived because of attributing knowledge and capability simply to years of experience)?

How many of us rush to join an "MNC" because of all the benefits? Well,
(twisting the proverb a little), if we want the cake we have to eat it too.
If we show no loyalty to companies, why should they show loyalty to us?
If we want to imitate the West and be like them, then we should be
prepared for what they are already experience - layoffs.

This is NOT to support layoffs as a necessity. It is only to make us think a little about our own actions and desires and their consequences.

From India, Jaipur
rajashreed
I agree to all of you….
But sometimes it does happen that top management pushes HR and do not let them take their decision.
As an HR professional I think JET’s HR must have put options in front of the management but management must have accepted the “immediate fire” option.
Don’t know the story inside.
I will surely not blame HR alone. there must be some politics involved.
Regards,
Rajashree

From India, Mumbai
jkghosh
Jet Airways- It is not HR only took the decisions for retrenchment of 800 Employees. The total management is responsible for the said decisions. It is obvious the major responsibility regarding the subject matters implies upon HR only. You cant demand to believe Mr. Naresh Goyal (Chairman) is unnoticed about the decision. Surprisingly,the decision perhaps on receommendation by management , could not stand for two days. Here, Question raised about the existense of HRM.
It is understood that political involvement might have pressurised to take the Employees back into the stream. Is Govt. assured some subsidy to Jet Airways? Who knows? But u cant deny that probability.
Nevertheless, we being in HR, should go for analysis the matters in wide spectrum. My sincere gartitude to the Employees back, to the Management and also HR personnel who will be dealing the personnel in future.
With Regards,
J K Ghosh
Manager (Personnel)

From India, Calcutta
Praveen Bhat
As HR why r we differentiating the employees from the organization, in a family if the income drops are we gona send out the dependent.
No, we try to find some other alternative to increase the credibility to sustain. What ever the situation is as a parent we don’t send our children Out.
Irrespective of whether our children is gona take care of us in future or not.

From India, Bangalore
raman295
One thing which I find not so professional is Goyal stating- " I swear on my dead mother" that I have not contacted any political party. This could have been avoided and openly stating that he is not a party to the decision which seems incredible.!
Ram
:confused:

From India, Madras
strategichr
If my prediction is correct, all the above sacked and reinstated employees will be out within next 6 months due to various reasons but created purposefully.
Already hike and allowance cuts have been announced.
regds

From India, Madras
sekar_n

in the software industry, the big five companies individually retrenched more than the nos retrenched by Jet. But why there is a huge cry only for jet? Is it that some political party wanted a union in their command ? we are pawns in the game of politics. I said we because, the average citizen is made to believe in this drama and vote for political party in the long run ?
Let us get to know the real truth .
regards
sekar

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.