vikasranjan07@rediffmail.com

Dear NPV,
The suggestion given by 'Raj Kumar' and 'vkokamthankar' is most appropriate in this regard.
If your immediate supervisor, HR of the X company not supporting you in any way. Then you could get in-touch to VC/Chairman of company through mail or by phone and tell him/her the total true facts. I think he/she will support you.
or, Also the 2nd option of yours' may be suitable that if you politely request to HR/supervisor that you will support X company for one month telephonically without taking any remuneration except experience and relieving letters. Don't make play with your career in this consequence and smartly take the decision after discussion with both the existing and new employer.
Legal action is the last way when all the doors of openness get closed. You may file a suit against existing employer for such act if you like, in labour court, appelate authority.
Thanks & Best Regards:

From India, Hyderabad
RobinChatterji

Dear N.P.V.

I feel bad about your situation.

You have resigned from your current company X on 25 April 2011 which means notice period ends on 25 June 2011.

Whereas you want to join new company Y on 25 May 2011 rather 6 June 2011. It seems you are smart enough to manage the things till here.

Now, the problem is whether any future company Y will be creating some legal or HR trouble to you in future regarding your overlapping of periods.

First, where are you currently, as today is 28th July 2011. Your problem has already solved or still in track.

Second, Whats your salary with your current employer and whats the salary will be with your new employer? If you leave current employer after serving a month of the notice period, will you have to pay only a month of salary of your's?

Third, This is the case of working in two seperate company on the same day which you can only do if you have the ability or logic to show different job timing altogether.

As you said that you can handle the work of current company X over telephone or internet, it simply shows that you have the logic of showing that you worked in your spare time with them for an extra earning and completing notice period.

Fourth, You may take a leave, leave without pay and unauthorised leave. The most action can be taken by the current company will be to terminate you and thats the foremost thing you expect from them, I guess.

With Good Luck,

Robin

From India, Varanasi
n.p.v.
Hi freetoair1988,
I know how curious can someone be, to know what happened? Because this can definitely happen to them too. So decided to reply.
Well, i was lucky that my new employer got convinced to allow me serve 60 days notice, I had to take a chance though. I finally sent an email to new emplyer stating i can not take risk of losing exp letter or being blacklisted, in worst case I might have to reject the offer. Very next day i got a reply that they are fine with it, and that i can serve complete notice.
Everyone may not be that lucky, but i wish them Good luck. :)

From India, Mumbai
gladivator
Hi All, M x company reliving date and y company reliving date are same June 10 2012. Will it create a problem when z company is doing background verification. Regards, Nagaraj.
From India, Bangalore
Anonymous
Hi All,
This is vivek, I have question regarding my previous employer. I was working with Birlasoft Ltd at Noida location for 2 year. I resigned from there and joined next company (RampGreen Tech, Delhi) on the notice period of Birlasoft. Because they wanted to join me without any releasing latter. Now I have service overlapping of one month between these companies as between one month joined and one month release.
Now my question is this will create any problem in my further company employee verification.
regards,
vivek

From India
Anonymous
Hi All,
This is vivek, I have question regarding my previous employer. I was working with X Ltd at Noida location for 2 year. I resigned from there and joined next company (y) on the notice period of x. Because they(company y) wanted to join me without any releasing latter. Now I have service overlapping of one month between these companies as between one month joined and one month release.
Now my question is this will create any problem in my further(z) company employee verification.
regards,
vivek

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.