Dear SG Menon,
I am sure that if you could have read the thread thoroughly, you wouldn't have ask the question that "I read in a reply to this post that gratuity amount is not linked to leave taken (maternity leave)".You have believed on one line reply of Sh Andrew Rao mentioning that "YOU 100% ELIGIBLE FOR GRATUITY. MATERNITY LEAVE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT" in reply to the query,but you have not bothered to read the mails of Sh CA Darshan Balai, Sh AK Jain including mine, which have clearly established the relation of maternity leave with the entitlement of payment of gratuity.
As regards your another query mentioning that "if the employee has leave that they will encash at time of leaving, does that have an impact on the gratuity?" The eligibility of gratuity has no relation with the encashment of leave, both are separate. Entitlement of both are dealt under different enactments.
BS Kalsi
Member since Aug 2011

From India, Mumbai
sg.menon@indiatimes.com

Thank you so much BS Kalsi. I admit that I often neglect to look at additional pages of the thread assuming that there is only one page of it - so apologies. Will try to keep in mind in future. And thanks for the response to my query.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.