puneet.kaur
Hey guys,
I am working on creating a training module on punctuality and i'd appreciate if you could share your views on this. All ideas are welcome.. they an be as bizarre as u can think of..
The concern i face is that even after letters and tough actions, people's attitude towards coming 5-10 ten mins late doesnt possibly change..
My objective of dis training is to bring in a change not by giving a lecture but by making it interactive, showing them a few videos or may by experiential learning..
Waiting to hear your views.
Take care
Puneet Kaur

From India, Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Puneet,

Let me not pull the punches and tell you that training on punctuality may not help perhaps.

Punctuality is part and parcel of your organisation's culture. Punctuality is to be shown in action and this is predominantly responsibility of the higher management. First do the audit of punctuality from the top. Are they punctual?

The real issue here is that you need to take training on "Personal values". Timeliness is one of the values. You also need to conduct the training on your "Organisation's Values". By coming late, employees are doing injustice to the organisation. This factor needs to be imbibed on the minds of the employees.

When things come to such a pass where you feel that training on punctuality is necessary then it speaks of the employees' commitment to the organisation. Therefore, you need to concentrate on how to create culture of commitment and trust. Again this is a challenge for top management.

Anyway you may conduct the training on punctuality. Whatever method you adopt but then whether it will have lasting impact that it remains to be seen.

Ok...

Dinesh V Divekar

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.