mgirishkumar61
Dear Seniors,
I have put up 8 years and 7 months of service and leaving the organization, the administration is ready to pay the gratuity, they want a copy of the act for speeding the process, can someone help me of which act/rule it comes under and where can I get a copy of the same,
regards,
Girish

From India, Bangalore
v.harikrishnan

Dear M Girishkumar
The Payment of Gratuity Act regulates the payment of gratuity. You have mentioned about your service in the organisation. Please check whether the Act is applicable to your organisation. The copy of the Act can be downloaded from the website of Government of India
With regards

From India, Madras
mgirishkumar61
Thanks Mr. V Harikrishnan, so kind of you to reply immediately, as far as I know the act is applicable to our organization. I searched the website of GOI, Finance department, but did not find any details, our department wants the act on which it is mentioned that employees who have put up 5 years and above are eligible for gratuity.
regards,
Girish

From India, Bangalore
v.harikrishnan

Dear Mr.Girish
The Act should be available in the Law Ministry's website.Or you search for Payment of Gratuity Act in google. You will definitely get it. This Act contains the provision that the employees who have put in five years of continuous service are eligible for gratuity. nProbably the Act may be available in Cite hr.com itself.
With regards

From India, Madras
haridreams

Dear Girish, Pls find the attachment.Marked in Yellow colour. Regards Haris Human Resources
From India, Tiruchchirappalli
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Gratuity.doc (76.5 KB, 283 views)

rabi_mba
Dear Friends,
Kindly clarify my doubts on ESI. One of our employee is working in Bangalore branch office, and his DOJ : June '10. our HO is in Chennai. he has admitted his father in ESI hospital for some surgery. he is not having his ESI permanent Card. so we have taken his ESI temp. card through online and given to him along with Form 105 & 37 as we have taken his online temp card by using chennai user id. but In bangalore ESI , they are asking for the proof of his present employement confirmation with us, Form 5 from his D.O.J.and his Salary details along with his contribution details. Whether this is the usual proceedure? any thing we have done wrongly? kindly clarify

From India, Madras
Shyam Agrawal

Dear Girish Ji,
Printed copies of Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 are available in the market. Please buy a copy and give it to your office for reference. Only ensure that the copy you buy is latest and covers amendment made to the ceiling (raising it from 3.5 to 10 lakh from 24-05-2010). In metropolitan cities you can easily find a copy.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.