purnima19

please tell me whether this holiday is applicable for private industrial establishments or not
From India, Mumbai
klrao

Holidays for private industrial establishments are governed by the National Festival Holidays Act and not be Negotiable Insturments Act. Therefore it is not applicable to private industrial establishments.
K.L.Rao

From India, Bangalore
Narayana Swamy R

Dear Ramalinagam,
Kindly clarify the difference between National Holiday & closed holiday. Since Dcelaration of holiday on 14th April 2010 - Birth day of Dr. Ambedkar is closed holiday.
Whether the aforesaid holiday is compulsory for all establishment i.e Shops and commercial establishment, banks , psu and etc.
regards,
RNSwamy.

From India, Mumbai
brdayaram
Hello to all,

National Holidays are declared and governed under the provisions of the respective states INDUSTRIAL ESTABLISHMENTS (NATIONAL AND FESTIVAL HOLIDAYS) ACT,[the 'Act]. There may be slight variation in the Act of each state. However, more or less the scope or objective is same.

If your states Act has declared April 14 (Dr. Ambedkar Jayanti) as a compulsory holiday, then it is a holiday in your state for all industrial establishments. To know what is an 'industrial establishement' please refer to the definition of the same in the Act. If it is not a compulsory holiday, then it will normally be in the list of non-compulsory holidays.

With regard to the attached Office Memorandum, the same is issued by the Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions (Department of Personnel & Training). It is applicable only to Central Govt. Offices and the industrial establishments belonging to Central Government (i.e., Government of India). The notice itself is self-explanatory on this issue.

The words 'including industrial establishments' should be read in reference (and in continuation) to the preceeding words i.e., 'Central Government Offices' and should not be read independently.

So those who have are entitled for a holiday, 'enjoy' and for others 'lets work hard'

Thanks for your time in reading this.

Regards

Dayaram

Bangalore

---------

From India, Bangalore
batham
Hi, Can any one tell me .. who all are off on account of national holiday declared for April 14th 2010 (BPO’s & KPO’s)
From India, Delhi
bn_banerjee

Our Company's Head Office is covered under Shops & Estd. Act in West Bengal and Factoriees in West Bengal, Orissa & Assam are covered under Factories Act. Is this 14th April Holiday is applicable for us.
Rgds,
Bibek Banerjee

From India, Calcutta
brdayaram
Dear All,
To clarify to bn_banerjee and batham, i wish to write:
Irrespective of under which act / legislation your company is registered, the national holidays are governed by the respective states INDUSTRIAL ESTABLISHMENTS (NATIONAL AND FESTIVAL HOLIDAYS) ACT,[the 'Act]. Therefore please refer to the Act in your state before deciding as to what is the definition of an 'Industrial Establishment' in your state. It could cover a shop / commercial establishment / bank / factory etc. Further, KPO / BPO would also generally be under the respective states shops and commercial establishement act.
Regards
Dayaram
----------

From India, Bangalore
NKannabiran
Dear
pl note that unless the holiday is declared under National and festival holidays we can not implement.
The negotiable instruments act is applicable to only Government offices.
N Kannabiran
Cuddalore

From India, Madras
R.N.Khola

Dear
Why you all want to avail leave on 14th April, 2010 ? If you wish to take leave then apply at your level under any of head of leave available to you.
With Regards,
R.N.Khola

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.