No Tags Found!

Darshan101
I joined a small-scale engineering firm in Bangalore 5 years ago. I quit about 3 months ago. When I joined, my salary was INR 12000. And when I left, it was INR 30000. Now I am working in an MNC in Gurgaon, where they are requesting me for PF details. They asked for my payslips and bank statement which also show that my salary was less than INR 15000. I contacted my previous employer, and he said that there was no PF deduction for me. Due to a lack of awareness, I had never bothered about this before.

What can I do in such a situation? Can I get in trouble? I had no understanding of such things until recently.
Will my previous and/or current employer sue me for this? Is my job also in trouble?

From India, Ahmedabad
Madhu.T.K

Why should your previous employer sue you for not giving you PF? Why should the current employer sue you for not having PF with old employment? Never. It is not the fault of the employee that he has not been covered by PF. If the previous organisation had 20 or more employees, the company should have taken PF registration and all the employees who were then getting salary of not more than Rs 15000 should have given PF coverage. If not given, it is an error on the part of the employer. For that the employees cannot be penalised.

If your salary at the time of leaving was Rs 30000, why it was shown as less than Rs 15000? Was there any underpayment through banks and the rest in cash? Is there anything to establish that your salary was Rs 30000 so that the salary part of your declaration could be proved to be true. It is not the non availability of Pf account but the evidence to show the salary that would create problems for your current employment. If you say that I was not covered by PF by the previous employer for reasons not known you you that part will be clear. But you should prove that you were getting salary of Rs 30000 because it is on the basis of that deposition that the current company would be fixing your salary, and obviously, it would be higher than Rs 30000, right?

From India, Kannur
Darshan101
Hello
My leaving salary was shown as 30k only. But when they asked for bank statements, it also included the salary of earlier months. Also, the increment is not based on the leaving salary. It seems like they suspect some discrepancy.

From India, Ahmedabad
Madhu.T.K

The said Salary should be reflected either in the payslip or in the bank statements. Otherwise, the current employer will not believe that you were getting Rs 30000. If you say that your part of the salary was paid in cash, then the current employer will underestimate your previous service. You should have taken a call when you were working in the previous company itself.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.