No Tags Found!

dipen.09
Dear Anil Arora,
I appreciate your effort for making clear the role of HR in the organisation.
But, the question is why only HR people has to clarify about their contribution rather i would say the work profile?
Regards,
Dipen
HR-Executive

From India, Pune
octavious

Dear Anil

“When men are most sure and arrogant they are commonly most mistaken, giving views to passion without that proper deliberation which alone can secure them from the grossest absurdities”
David Hume

Yes Anil I am student, and I will remain one through out my life. Because I still believe that I have a lot to learn and I wish to keep the learning curve alive all my life, and not risk being stagnant by thinking I know a lot.

I request you to develop your skills in understanding simple request made in English. I had requested you not to bother me with continuous comments which have nothing new to bring to table to be discussed upon.

“To excite opposition and inflame malevolence is the unhappy privilege of courage made arrogant by consciousness of strength”
Samuel Jackson.

Learning is a continuous process, and in that sense I am a student, because I learn new stuff every day and this helps me be more knowledgeable and wise.

You are very knowledgeable, but then too much of knowledge without the wisdom, is like a load of books on the back of an donkey who can only carry it but cant use it.

You were quiet amusing and persistent,but then, I again request to you to please spare me the pain of this vague argument.

Regards
Octavious

“Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.”
Sydney J

From India, Mumbai
pinks_rk

Hi,
I would say it is partly correct since the HR department is treated as an expense centre. HR , admin in most of the organizations are treated as support functions that do not generate any revenues. so,hence management do treat us "Waste" but on the other hand we generate human resources who bring revenue to the organzations ... recruitment, training and development are areas where management has to shell out money rather than earn them, but they forget that inturn they get polished resources.
regards,
Priyanka.

From India, Mumbai
octavious

Dear Dipen Its good question, I suggest go to page two and read what Colonel Gahlot has written. Regards Octavious
From India, Mumbai
nashbramhall

Dear All,
I have gone through this thread with interest. I hope some of you will understand why I do not give answers to queries but raise questions instead. For example, Nagbajjuri did not mention in his initial query that (s)he was a student and that it was an assignment question. Octavious rightly points out the we should not give students on a plate. I do not. I usually ask them to present a draft answer and then seek help to improve upon it.
Another observation is that rather than we disagreeing with each other in public, it is better for us to write private messages to iron out any differences arising (most of the times) from not reading or grasping the other person's messages. Thus more heat is generated rather than light being thrown.
I hope I have not hurt anyone's feelings.
Have a nice day.
Simhan
A retired academic in the UK

From United Kingdom
anil.arora

Thanks Dear but i was just saying here that HR Managers are doing their job and its not like the organization has done something wrong or as the subject line saying "Waste of Money".

If HR managers are controlling by Management in many case it doesn't mean that HR Managers are not contributing towards organization goals, mission and vision. HR is a part of organization and like every manager for every department in the organization, are doing their job. one thing we must remember that if Management can play with HR managers, can play with other Mangers responsible for other departments too.

There are numbers of example set by the HR Manager if will look properly in the market.

See on this place, CiteHR, there are numbers of Manager and i wud say if one have no faith on his capabilities & skill and have no guts to prove this wrong that HR Managers are just waste of money, I dont think they can be a good or successful Manager in their life or i want examples and prove me wrong fom everyone who still believe that HR managers are just WASTE OF MONEY!!!

From India, Gurgaon
anil.arora

You are right Dipen but dear as we are discussing about HR Managers and some has raised many questions in this regard, then it is really important to let them know what HR Managers are doing, and its our duty to prove them wrong.

I strongly believe that the person who was saying that HR Managers are waste of Money for the organization, must not join this respective area of function bcz this one has no respect for this function which is showing by statements there..

For example, if you are an HR Manager, you know better then anyone what you are doing and contributing for your organization. You cant take part in making strategies to run an organization bcz you have a different work /functional area for you and you have to do your work properly and efficiantly towards the atainment of Organisational goals.

But if you are an Owner of a company and not satisfying with your HR Manager/ Peoples bcz you are feeling that HR Manager are just busy in making salary or calculation and doing nothing else, you cant be satisfied with their work and have no respect for them it means and dont know the real value and meaning of HR.

I wanna ask you, why you are placing them in your company if you think that they are just WASTE OF MONEY for your organisation. Just for providing manpower to run their organization and for compensation calculation for your employees, you want a individual department in your company as Human Resource. Why you are making investment in this regard then. Dont need to give them this respective name "Human Resource Department".

See I can reply to all of them who criticize or saying yes to this "HR Managers are Waste of Money" privately but I want all of you to know that this is not true. it is not based on a perception or something like but on a understanding of a work of a HR Manager and why still organisations are having this department.

If one can run his/her organisation/company without having any HR Manager, please let me know and prove me wrong.

I request you all to understand what I wanted to say to all of you there and respect the HR Managers and their work.

If still someone thinks that im not right here, feel free to contact me and i will prove them wrong.

From India, Gurgaon
Ritu Yadav DHRD
Dear nagbajjuri,
its my advise, please do some rest..to criticize a critical dept. showing your frustration.
Always think in balance a way as HR people are Intermediary berween employee and management.
Think postive

From India, Allahabad
deadsoul2011

O hello sir,
please dont degrade other professions by calling account person is unable to manage 1 money and production person is unable to manage 1 machine, like this stuff, everyone knows importance of accounts, production people, they are very respected people, unlike HR though it might HURT all HR people but truth is no one RESPECTS HR out of love all do out of FEAR .
And you tell HR manages 5M at one time, come on , fekne ki bhi haad hoti hain yaar

From India, Madras
trishna_001
Anyone can make statements of this sort. But before supporting these kind of statements, we should understand that a visit to the HR dept is unavoidable in the following cases-
1. When your salary account is not credited on time (finance dept is involved but HR takes care of the routing!)
2. When your incentive is less than your colleague's incentive (even after you get the same performance appraisal as your friend!)
3. When you have any doubts regarding PF, gratuity and other schemes
4. When your visa processing is taking a hell lot of time....
No other depts (finance, marketing, production, public relations... ) would help you out in this.
The contents in the list may sound unattractive. However, HR at a higher level involves bigger deals like OD, OC, T and D, Talent acquisition etc.
Ponder over this for a while before making such statements, my friend.

From India, Madurai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.