priyaslakshmi1905@gmail.com

Dear HR professionals, Our employees have got increments and now they are not eligible for ESI. But the ESI amount is deducted from them as their names are not removed from the government list. One of our employees raised a question as to why we are not informing them of the same. I request anyone please review.
From India, Kochi
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

The ESI contribution period is as below

1st April to 30th September
1st October to 31st March of the next year.

After the commencement of a contribution period, even if the gross salary of an employee exceeds Rs. 21,000 monthly, the employee continues to be covered under ESI scheme till the end of that contribution period and the contribution is deducted on the new salary even if it is above Rs.21,000/-. So for information ESI will be deducted till the end of contribution period irrespective of hike.

If you are the HR of the Organization you may explain the employees as above.

By the by what do you mean by Government list ?

From India, Madras
priyaslakshmi1905@gmail.com

Sorry! That was a verbal mistake I meant about the ESI list. Thank you. Mam, do we need to mail this to the employees?
From India, Kochi
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, Ok got it. It is called typo mistake and not verbal mistake. If employee count is less no need to email but you can verbally explain. By the by I’m Mr.Lakshminarayanan.
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.