Smitaleena

In spite of repeated warnings to an employee for not taking leaves continuously she has been taking the leaves and now the management has decided to terminate her giving her 1 month of notice. Please help me in drafting a letter so that it does not look like a termination letter but it will serve her as a notice letter as well as a letter wherein she will also understand that she has been terminated.
From India, Pune
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,
It looks you are very much concerned that explicit termination letter should not be issued to the employee but indirectly the letter should brief about separation. In such scenario, please call the particular employee for a discussion, brief about the leave issues. Present to the employee that Management is planning for termination with one month notice but being from HR doesn't want to spoil his/her career by issuing termination. Encourage the employee to submit resignation. Present that he/she will get proper relieving letter which will be useful for his / her future employments. If this tactic is ok with your Management then you may proceed with this.

From India, Madras
Sanjeev K. Yd
Subject: Important Update Regarding Organizational Changes

Dear [Employee's Name],

I hope this message finds you well. I want to take a moment to address an important matter that involves our organization's current financial situation.

As you are aware, the global economic landscape has presented several challenges, and our company, like many others, is not immune to their effects. In order to navigate these challenges and ensure the long-term sustainability of the business, we have been diligently reviewing our operations and expenses.

Regrettably, after careful consideration, we have come to the difficult decision that we need to implement cost-cutting measures across the organization. These measures are necessary to maintain our competitive edge and secure the future of the company.

It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you that, as a part of these measures, we will need to make adjustments to our team structure. This will unfortunately result in the need for us to ask for resignations from certain positions, including yours.

Please understand that this decision was made after thorough evaluation and not taken lightly. Our appreciation for your contributions to the company remains unwavering, and this action is in no way a reflection of your dedication or abilities.

In the coming days, a member of our HR team will reach out to you to discuss the details of the resignation process, including any support we can provide during this transition. This will include information about severance packages, reference letters, and assistance with job placement, if applicable.

We understand that this news is undoubtedly challenging, and we want to assure you that we are committed to making this transition as smooth as possible. If you have any immediate questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to [HR Contact] or myself.

Thank you for your understanding and for the valuable contributions you have made during your time here. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]
[Your Title]
[Company Name]

From India, Delhi
Sanjeev K. Yd
Subject: Addressing Performance Concerns

Dear [Employee's Name],

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to take this opportunity to discuss your performance within the company. Over the past few months, we have observed certain challenges and areas where your performance has not met the expectations and standards we have set for your role.

As a company, we value the contributions of each team member and strive to create an environment where everyone can excel. We have provided training and support to help you improve in the areas where you were facing difficulties, but unfortunately, we have not seen the desired progress.

Given this situation, it is important for both you and the company to consider what might be the best course of action moving forward. While we understand that everyone has strengths and weaknesses, consistent performance at the expected level is crucial for the success of our team and the achievement of our goals.

We believe it's in both parties' best interests to address this situation openly and honestly. With that in mind, we would like to discuss the possibility of a resignation as a potential solution. This would allow you the opportunity to find a role that better aligns with your skills and aspirations, while also enabling us to bring in someone who can more effectively contribute to our team's objectives.

We are committed to supporting you through this transition and can provide assistance with preparing for interviews, updating your resume, and offering references.

Please let us know your thoughts on this matter. We are open to discussing any alternative suggestions you might have and are willing to work with you to ensure a smooth and respectful transition.

Thank you for your time and dedication during your tenure with us. We truly appreciate your efforts and wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]
[Your Title]
[Company Name]
[Contact Information]

From India, Delhi
ommygautam

for this you have to act diplomatically. Call her and just ask her to put the paper as if she put the paper then it will be beneficial to her in future job verification and also asked her that if she did not put the paper then company will terminate her which would create a problem in future job verification, and ask her politely for supporting management and show her the procedure for termination. i hope it will work
From India, Rudarpur
mailrsr

You have not mentioned the category of the employee i.e. whether she is a worker category or staff category. Worker category means, you need to follow the procedure of issuing show cause notice, holding a domestic enquiry, issue second show cause notice and after taking into consideration of here past history, dismiss her.
If she is a executive category, then, it is advisable to call her and explain in person and persuade her to submit her resignation letter and based on that, you can relieve her. You can also pay one month's salary and relieve her immediately and give her a certificate. If she refuses to submit resignation, then, you can terminate her or tell that that she will be terminated if she does not resign.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.