fendiwou
Hi everybody,,,
i'm new members joint this forum,,,,im student of Degree Managemant, Wawasan Open University Malaysia . Can anybody guide me how to compare performance management and performance appraisal ,,,
thank you very much for you opinion and info

From Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
nashbramhall

Performance appraisal is a subset of Performance Management. Please search citehr where the differences have been already covered.
Alternatively, conduct a Google search.
Simhan
A retired academic in UK.

From United Kingdom
fendiwou
Dear Mr Nasbramhall,,, I try find it the compare about performance management and performance appraisal using google search but i cant get the answer ,,,can you help me what actualy the answer
From Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
stephenrosario

Hello,
The info you requested in a nutshell.
  • Performance appraisal- Used to conduct in the organisations periodically (Half yearly/annual etc...) to find out the effectiveness of the concerned employee which is done using different models like 360 degree feedback.
  • Performance management- A system which is used with one of its element as 'performance appraisal' by which an employee's performance can be regularly monitored and the findings are used to enrich/improve their performance based upon the organisation's current and future business needs. The main objective is to bring about strong and steady growth in their performance.
Regards,
Stephen.

From India, Coimbatore
Rakesh Upadhyay

Hi, Performance management inorporates performance appraisal ,promotions, career paths etc. when we look at every possible aspect of managing an employee's performance in the organisation then it is performance management.However, performance appraisal is one of the ways,or better to say "tools". through which performance management is done.
From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.