No Tags Found!

chawla.kirti

Hi Seniors,
I've recently joined an IT Software organization as an HR executive. The HR department is introduced in the company very now. I've been asked to involve with all the existing employees of the organization so as to get more information and to make them more comfortable with this department.
I need to have a questionnaire so as to extract more and more information from the employees.
Kindly help me to structure this plan and the format of questionnaire .
Thanks & Regards,
Kirti

From India, Delhi
Prashant B Ingawale

I fully agree with " White Eagle " unless you are not finding the expectations of Management & Employees you can not come to conclusion so start interacting employees more & more , you will get your answer.
From India, Pune
Chandru Chakrapani

Hi Kirti,

I will summarize your query as:

(a) you want to improve your interaction with all employees
(b) you want to get to know about their feeling / concerns etc
(c) you want to resolve them

I also understand for the first time HR Deparment has been initiated in your organization.

With this understanding my suggestions are:

1. It is a wonderful opportunity you have got
2. Initiate programs that will enable employees to feel a difference
3. Basic things that need to be in place are payslips, creation and management of attendance and leave related rules, creation of employee database, maintenance of employee files etc.
4. Initiate informal gathering of employees like monthly birthday celebration, recognizing employees on their service anniversary etc.
5. Rather than artifically or using your personal influence to get to know employees - by doing all these things you are increasing the no. of times employees will have to interact with you
6. By doing things which otherwise has not been in place in this company, you will be earning the trust and credibility of the employees.
7. In such a scenario, instead of you seeking to know them / understand their concerns, they will automatically start coming to you

Before you step into all these activities, it is important you put a simple plan, a broad sketch to your management - seek their views / approval and take things forward.

Also, informally run your plan through few key members in the organization.

Remember, HR is not a 'Grievance Cell or Help Desk' in a railway station.

Thus, in my humble opinion, this way you will be able to reach out to rather than explicitly trying to engage with employees, understand / resolve or do things for them.

Wishing you all the very best!

Regards,

Chandru

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.