No Tags Found!

Arsha Mercy

Dear All, :?

Late coming might be due to various reasons:

:(

----> Waiting for the proper transport incase they dont have a vehicle of their own.

----> even if vehicles are there.....Held up in traffic, esp Chennai wherever, whenever, however, all time traffic except midnight.

---->personal issues

for these types of issues we cant always get behind them and moreover pushing them to come early within this hour, min, sec etc is ridiculous, coz i have seen few staffs rush thro heavy traffic n cross roads lik anythin without even waitin for signals which causes lots of accidents....

----->So its better that, we introduce a compulsory 8 hour shift. So even if they come late by an hour they have to compensate by completing 8 hrs.

----->or else if its not possible, the per hour's salary can be deducted, not the entire day's or half days....cos we are all humans not machines!!!

These suggestions can be considered and implemented only in the case of genuine reasons!!!!

Thank you,

Arsha :P

From India, Madras
UMESH KAPOOR

Hi,
I fully agree with Shweta.
HR people shoud not appear to be a terror that somebody comes late for certain number of times his/her photo will be displayed on the notice board or a fine of full day LWP will be imposed etc. Ultimately this will not be in the interest of the organisation. All HR activites are to be inconfirmative to the organisation requirement and constantly uplifting the moral and motivation of the employee so that the out put is increased.
More important is the counselling of the employee and guiding them to whatever extent possible.
I hope this will be helpful in addressing the late coming issue.
Thanks
umesh kapor

From India, Mumbai
navin2006
Hi sweta,
It will be applicable for factories but in IT indutries i do not think it will work. In our office we are facing the same problem. Instead of several warnings and Instructions the employees are coming late and we are unable to control them.
Regards,
navin

From United States, Lake Mary
geeyech
displaying photographs!! awful idea!! they are employees not criminals, whose photos are displayed in a police station....... not a good idea at all... staffs will feel irritated...
My suggestion is that give them an oral warning,
if no result then give a general notification in the notice board.. that latecomers coming late more than __ hours will have to give explanation otherwise it will be treated as half day LWP.
If again no result give a warning in writing....

From India, Bangalore
sengailingam

Dear cgnanij

As a middle management supervisor in an PSU which was as a Government organization once, I had and even now I am having the same problem.

Every one from the top know the situation.

But no one is ready to take action as few of the fellow workers are harsh in their nature and threaten the supervisor or officer that they will be manhandled.

One of the friend has mentioned that all ideas are harsh.

In India and especially as far as the living are concerned, fear only could solve the problem.

This I had experienced during emergency period. No one was late. Even people coming from far distance, were in right time. Then what made them to be late. The lethargy supervisor, improper action against the official concerned. So harsh action only could come handy.

As per rule, you can deduct salary counting for every late coming, or debiting, leave for every 3 late comings as per Government rulings, or issue warning, censure, making suitable entries in their Service Book, Confidential Report under intimation which will stop their further promotion, or in very intolerable case even a dismiss will bring the situation under control

With wishes

C K Jambulingam alias sengailingam

sumathisrinath
Hi,
Can some one send me the Flexi timings policy, if it is succesfully implemented in you work place? I would also want to know if the management is happy about this and if the desired results were acheived wihtout affecting the individual and the company's performance.
Thanks,
Sumathi

From India
Peeu
Dear All,
I am completely agree with sheetal becoz this formula works .I am HR in real estate and I found late coming is usual
vll i solve this prob. by putting half day of the employee who comes late and it works now in my company late comings are very rare..........
Vth rgds
Nisha

From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.