kevina

hi every one !!
Basically i worked as an HR generalist, but currently i have taken the challenge of whole HR activities.
I need a help from you senior hr guys !!
I have been told to give the leave encashment calculation figure.....keeping in view of old & new basic figure (i.e., before appraisal & after appraisal).
Usually L.E is calculated as i.e, basic / 30 * no. of days tobe encashed.
My query is how should we consider the 2 basic figure while calculating the L.E ??
OR
we should consider the current basic figure only while calculating the L.E as per Law ?
Hope my query is in line.....
awating for your early response.......plz help me.
cheers,
kevina

From India, Ahmadabad
L.Kumar

Dear Kavina For calculating any terminal benefit, you should consider only the current figure only.(current basic, current DA to be considered for calculating leave encashment. With regards L.Kumar
From India, Madras
L.Kumar

Dear Kevina Only current basic and da to be considered for leave encashment. Regards L.Kumar
From India, Madras
kevina
hi kumar,
I am in need of your help once again .........as per rules / norms we should pay the Leave Encashment amount on baisc + da.
What is the rule? if an probationer moves on leave during probation period. As in my company (IT) we have 3 months probation & there is no leave facility during probation time.
But on confirmation we are crediting the leaves on Pro-rata basis to employees.
Plz help me in this as it is MOST URGENT !
Cheers
Kevina

From India, Ahmadabad
L.Kumar

Dear Kavina
If the probationer has availed the leave during probation period, please note that those leave period will be on LOP and on that period, you need not calculate for encashment. Also while crediting leave after completion of probation period, you have to credit leave also on pro-rata basis only
L.Kumar

From India, Madras
kevina
hi kumar,
Thanks for your quick response ! :)
but don't you think that if, we credit the leaves on Pro-rata, the employee will get encashed for his probation period also ? (as the Pro-rata starts from the date of joining)
Just a clarification.....
Cheers
kevina

From India, Ahmadabad
L.Kumar

Dear Kevina How employee can get encashed without HR personnel’s authentication or approval of the leave? What is your company’s policy? Regards L.Kumar
From India, Madras
kevina
Dear Kumar,
We have mentioned in our policy as
"on confirmation they will be eligible for the Privilege Leave on Pro-rata Basis i.e, from the date of their joining.
The balance as on December will be taken into account for encashment but upto 50% only (of the balance) & balance 50% of the balance leaves will get carried forward.
For ex : PL is 10 for the whole calender year....if any one joins during March....=10/12*10 (10 PL, 12 Months, & 10 eligible months i.e, from March)
In your last conversation you mentioned that leave availed during probation will be LWP. i.e, per day salary will be deducted by considering the Per Month Gross Salary.
Is it as per the norms? followed by IT company.
(i feel it's contradict as the deduction happens on Gross Salary but the Leve Encashment happen on Basic)
Hope i am not confusing you.
Cheers,
Kevina

From India, Ahmadabad
L.Kumar

Dear Kevina
If the employee encashes his leave and resigned, then you can adjust the same at the time of his final settlement. What is the issue?
Alternatively, you can amend the policy for encashing leave accordingly
Regards
LKumar

From India, Madras
kevina
hi, The issue is we are deducting the leave amount on Gross Salary (during Probation) but while encashment we are paying it on baisc ...... Thanks for your prompt reply. Cheers kevina
From India, Ahmadabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.