No Tags Found!

deepalime
"We never learn"....seems to be very negative thought. We learn alot but its just that everyone donot want to implement. The successful is the one who implement his good learning for his & others development. Anyway we will not discuss who learns & who dont ...rather than what new we can learn more & implement in our lives so that makes our life worth living.

I learnt something from the below story will like to share it with you all :

A Chat with God . .

God: Hello. Did you call me?

Me: Called you? No. Who is this?

God: This is GOD. I heard your prayers. So I thought I will chat.

Me: I do pray. Just makes me feel good. I am actually busy now. I am in the midst of something.

God: What are you busy at? Ants are busy too.

Me: Don't know. But I can't find free time. Life has become hectic. It's rush hour all the time.

God: Sure. Activity gets you busy. But productivity gets you results. Activity consumes time. Productivity frees it.

Me: I understand. But I still can't figure out. By the way, I was not expecting YOU to buzz me on instant messaging chat.

God: Well, I wanted to resolve your fight for time, by giving you some clarity. In this net era, I wanted to reach you through the medium you are comfortable with.

Me: Tell me, why has life become complicated now?

God: Stop analyzing life. Just live it. Analysis is what makes it complicated.

Me: Why are we then constantly unhappy?

God: Your today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday. You are worrying because you are analyzing. Worrying has become your habit. That's why you are not happy.

Me: But how can we not worry when there is so much uncertainty?

God: Uncertainty is inevitable, but worrying is optional.

Me: But then, there is so much pain due to uncertainty...

God: Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional.

Me: If suffering is optional, why do good people always suffer?

God: Diamond cannot be polished without friction. Gold cannot be purified without fire. Good people go through trials, but don't suffer. With that experience their life become better, not bitter.

Me: You mean to say such experience is useful? God: Yes. In every term, Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first and the lessons afterwards.

Me: But still, why should we go through such tests? Why can't we be free from problems?

God: Problems are:

Purposeful

Roadblocks

Offering

Beneficial

Lessons to

Enhance

Mental

Strength.

Inner strength comes from struggle and endurance, not when you are free from problems.

Me: Frankly in the midst of so many problems, we don't know where we are heading...

God: If you look outside you will not know where you are heading.

Look inside.

Looking outside, you dream.

Looking inside, you awaken.

Eyes provide sight.

Heart provides insight.

Me: Sometimes not succeeding fast seems to hurt more than moving in the right direction. What should I do?

God: Success is a measure as decided by others. Satisfaction is a measure as decided by you. Knowing the road ahead is more satisfying than Knowing you rode ahead. You work with the compass (direction). Let others work with the clock.

Me: In tough times, how do you stay motivated?

God: Always look at how far you have come rather than how far you have to go. Always count your blessing, not what you are missing.

Me: What surprises you about people?

God: When they suffer they ask, "why me?" When they prosper, they never ask "Why me?" Everyone wishes to have truth on their side, but few want to be on the side of the truth. Me: Sometimes I ask, who am I, why am I here.I can't get the answer.

God: Seek not to find who you are, but to determine who you want to be. Stop looking for a purpose as to why you are here. Create it. Life is not a process of discovery, but a process of creation.

Me: How can I get the best out of life?

God: Face your past without regret. Handle your present with confidence. Prepare for the future without fear.

Me: One last question. Sometimes I feel my prayers are not answered.

God: There are no unanswered prayers. At times the answer is NO.

Me: Thank you for this wonderful chat. I am so happy to start the New Day with a new sense of inspiration.

God: Well. Keep the faith and drop the fear. Don't believe your doubts and doubt your beliefs. Life is a mystery to solve, not a problem to resolve. Trust me. Life is wonderful if you know how to live.

Happy learning!!!

Regards,

Deepali

From India
Kamalzz

Here's something that gives us some food for thought ....I read this somewhere (dont really recollect where)
" Most of us only know how to be taught...we have'nt learnt how to learn"
....thoughts people ???
Kamal

From India, Pune
alexvalet

I strongly believe that training is important for each and every memener of an organization as it helps us to enhance our KSAs.Morover,the success of a training programme depends on how carefully we have executed the training process,right from the analysis of training needs to its evaluation.
Training helps the employees to be more competent and would also help them to fill up the gaps that arise between the competencies they have and those demanded by the particular job on which they work.

From Kuwait
seema raghunath

Hi Deepali,

Training doesn't work -its not the first time we have heard of that one .Its like world hunger .No one cure for this ill. No panacea. Unfortunately in the public eye ,Training is the first aid -the band aid and the CPR for all business and productivity criticalities.

Truth is, adults retain only about 20 to 27% of class learning. Experiential is thus of better retention value -standing at 35 to 42% .And this knowledge too has shelf life only if refreshers are regular feature to reinstate the assimilated data further.

Behavioral and soft skills are even harder to evaluate in terms of benefits and application and the skeptisism is vivid. But we all know in gross reality, aquired skills and not ascribed ,contribute to persona. And most sucessful people were not just mere technically process intelligent but chiseled in a multitude of behavioral skills that gave them milage .

If Training does not work - then learning does not work - perhaps its time to understand adult learning techniques, rather than stop the hand that rocks the cradle.

Regards

Seema Raghunath

From India, Mumbai
Bob Gately

Hello Deepali:

If all our trainees become successful employees, we have few questions to ask.

If all our trainees fail to become successful employees, we have many questions to ask.

If some of our trainees become successful employees, we have one question to ask; why are these employees successful? The answer to this question is talent. The successful employees have the talent for the job.

Hiring for talent is the key to hiring successful employees. If we want to be sure that all our new hires and employees become long-term successful employees, we need to make sure that all employees are competent and have a talent for their jobs.

For employees to find job success...

talent is necessary, but not sufficient.

skills are necessary, but not sufficient.

training is necessary, but not sufficient.

orientation is necessary, but not sufficient.

knowledge is necessary, but not sufficient.

competency is necessary, but not sufficient.

qualifications are necessary, but not sufficient.

effective management is necessary, but not sufficient.

Talent is the only necessary condition for job success that employers cannot provide their employees and schools cannot provide their students. Employers must hire talent, see the book "First, Break All the Rules, what the world's greatest managers do differently" and see my review at http://tinyurl.com/cwpa9

Most employers don't measure talent so they can't hire for talent even if they do hire the best and the brightest.

Competence and Talent are necessary but they are not the same. The following ties competence and talent together in a short guide for selecting the right people for a position. Talent and competence are necessary but they are two different things. Selecting for competence and talent avoids many performance problems. There are two conditions, see 3A and 3B below, when competent people should not be hired or selected for a position. Each position has its own talent requirement.

Job applicants can have

1. Excellent Talent ... greater than 85% job suitability

2. Adequate Talent ... 85% to 70% job suitability

3. Inadequate Talent ... less than 70% job suitability

Job applicants can also be

A. Highly Competent

B. Competent

C. Not Competent

The following is the order in which applicants and/or employees should be selected for positions.

1A = Excellent Talent and Highly Competent

1B = Excellent Talent and Competent

2A = Adequate Talent and Highly Competent

2B = Adequate Talent and Competent

The following should be selected if they can become competent.

1C = Excellent Talent and Not Competent

2C = Adequate Talent and Not Competent

The following should not be selected.

3A = Inadequate Talent and Highly Competent

3B = Inadequate Talent and Competent

3C = Inadequate Talent and Not Competent

Talent must be hired since it cannot be imparted or acquired after the hire.

From United States, Chelsea
deepalime
Thanks Bob,
That was a good piece of learning for we HR professionals as we are constantly in the hunt & upgradation of talent & competency for ourselves & for our employees.
But i have one question that when we say that Can one day training program on some subject like Assertiveness Skills can make our employee learn the it.???
And what answer i got for myslef is exactly what my other cite hr friends feel that its the hunger to learn & practice things. One can bring horse to the water & ask him to drink but the remaing job is of that horse :)
So similarly we are facilitating our employees by providing them huge Learning & Developmental skills or you can say a kind of Coaching & to some extent can work hard for the same but rest is upto their eagerness to learn things.
Thanks to all of you for wonderful discussion.
Regards
Deepali

From India
Bob Gately

Hello Deepali:

>Thanks Bob,<

You're welcome and it is my pleasure.

>That was a good piece of learning for we HR professionals as we are constantly in the hunt & upgradation of talent & competency for ourselves & for our employees.<

Thank you for sharing that with me.

>But i have one question that when we say that Can one day training program on some subject like Assertiveness Skills can make our employee learn the it.??? <

We can teach but we cannot make the learner use what they have learned assuming they have learned something.

>And what answer i got for myslef is exactly what my other cite hr friends feel that its the hunger to learn & practice things.<

I don't doubt that many of us have a hunger to learn but after we learn it we need to use it, we need to do it successfully for a long time while enjoying it. That is not easy.

>One can bring horse to the water & ask him to drink but the remaing job is of that horse<

That is very true.

>So similarly we are facilitating our employees by providing them huge Learning & Developmental skills or you can say a kind of Coaching & to some extent can work hard for the same but rest is upto their eagerness to learn things. <

I agree, but employers often train the wrong people which isn't fair to the employees or the trainers or the employer.

>Thanks to all of you for wonderful discussion.<

You're welcome.

Bob

From United States, Chelsea
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.