sivaprasadHR
freda,
Now thats a big question,
HR duties you know- but admin relates itself to different areas, facilities, office, housekeeping, documenting, upkeeping of office goods, i mean maintenance, looking after the security areas(managing all the above said areas in a small organization).
My day to day activities are=
checking out the mails, call the specially skilled candidates for interviews, or organize the other recruitment team to call the candidates.
talk to the team leaders and check out their requirements.
discuss with the senior management and check out their requirement and work on them.
check out the jobportals.
work on candidate leaves and the list goes on and on.
its not important hat other HRs are doing, the most important that you got to workon is what you should be working since our functional and industrial areas differ.
Siva Prasad.

From India, Hyderabad
fredazym
Hi,

thank you for you reply

you refers to BUILD A HR POLICY, so does it mean i should creat some regulations (covers:work instruction, leave regulation, ....etc)

Freda

From China, Shanghai
fredazym
Dear Siva
now new questions are rosed:
-How to make the meeting more active, what if staff are too shy to share and disscuss during the meeting?
-My Branch Manager is quite kind and friendly person, he is very kind to everyone, we don't feel afraid in front of him. So, thing is that after aske staffs 'what are you planning to achieve this week' and then they planed, but fact they don't follow their plan because they will think the BM is very kind, so no worry if he/she doesn't follow and reach their weekly plan.
Freda

From China, Shanghai
sivaprasadHR
freda,
the meetings can be more active by making them interactive instead of one saying and all other listening. add some lively motivating stories, and try to make them comforatable.
for your second question, Your Bm may be a soft guy, but when you observe the performance of the employees on a regular basis you will get to know where the bottle neck is, i mean who is under performing and then you got to discuss with them regarding the performance and explain them that this will impact their appraisal and motivate them to perform better. always talk as if you are on their side and explain as if you are giving them a hint or suggestion.
check out
siva prasad.

From India, Hyderabad
sivaprasadHR
freda, i can tell you thousand stories if you want but time factor. every story motivates, tell the success stories of important people.

check out the story and tell me how emotionally you can become close to your team if you say this story.

There is this boy in a certain school . This boy has a fascination towards soccer and always practised his level best but was never selected for the final team but he never left his practise and hope.

When ever he is there for practise , he was accompanied by his father who used to sit in the same seat till his practice is finished.

The final year came and the final selections for the team is near and the practice is at its peak.

When there are still 4 days left for the selections and match, the boy suddenly stopped coming to the practice and the coach was not informed priorly about it.

The selections day came and the match will be in the afternoon and suddenly the boy appeared from no where before the coach and asked a place for him .

Now the coach said "son, I had better players and you are not here for the practice sessions and how can u expect me to take you in, I cant go against my better judgement and I cannot take you in".

The Boy pleaded like anything and almost is on the feet of his coach begging a place for him. Now the coach never had seen anyone plead like that and said "son, okay I can give you a chance for the first half and you got to prove your abilities and never forget that the reputation of the school is at risk, this is the first time iam going against my better judgement"

The Boy thanked him and got into the finals.

The match started.

The boy played like a house on fire and he converted every ball that came to him into a goal. needless to say, the team won the match for the first time in their history and the boy was awarded the player of the tournament award .

When he came to the coach ,the coach asked him"son where have I went wrong all these days, how am I wrong in my judgement about you all these days , how did you play so well,what motivated you "

The boy replied"sir my father is watching me"

"Where is he watching from , when ever you made a goal I looked for your father and he is no where to be seen" said the coach with a surprised tone .

"Sir, there is one thing that you dont know, my father is blind by birth. he is just here to motivate me . four days back he DIED and for the very first time he is watching me from there" and pointed his finger to the sky with tears in his eyes.

"Thats what motivated me and made me play so well".

Its all in motivating one self.

siva prasad

From India, Hyderabad
fredazym
Dear That’s a nice and moving story:-) I got an idea, when I held a meeting, I can print this story and dispatch to every stafff on the meeting. how do you think freda
From China, Shanghai
fredazym
Dear, I 'll go home now
I 'm very appreciate you help me soooooo muchhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I had a nice day talking with you!
Siva, I wish you have a good afternoon and good night soon :-)
See you tomorrow :-)
Take care, Freda

From China, Shanghai
fredazym
Good morning, Siva
I wish you a nice day.
Yesterday before off work, I told my BM about the routine meeting, and seems he's interested about that! :)
So, I told him that I'll plan it more feasible and available and then act on.
How do you think?
Freda

From China, Shanghai
sivaprasadHR
Good work freda, HR Management is nothing but learning New thing and implementing them in our day to day activities. goodluck anyway
From India, Hyderabad
amalshere

Dear Freda,
I am too working for the freight forwarder as u do, normally people fail to understand what roles every person is playing and considers other persons job inferior to other. We developed orientation for each person where in accounts person undergoes work training in other documentation & operational department, moves with person on port and CFS understands the work condition, similarly operational are train about the overall accounting the need to support certain documents and justification of the expenses. Once we are able to make understand other persons role the gap between the two department start fading. Another attempt is to have regular joint meeting between the department to discuss and resolve the work issues and follow - up the progress.
Thanks & Regards
Amal Shere

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.