Shyam Dusane
Dear Friends,
I am working in service industry, some of the employees have gone for official work out of India for 3 to 4 months. During that time period their work is been done by the others in the department. I have to design a reward policy for these employees who are pitching
In absences of their colleagues.
Please help.
Shyam

From India, Bangalore
meenunain

hi shayam,
sorry to disturb you.i am student of mba ,doing project on recruitment could you please fill my questionnaire for my project if you have some time. i am sorry i can't help you regrading ur problem.
view attachment
my mail :
thanks
meenakshi

From India
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc questionnaire_on_recruitment_432.doc (48.0 KB, 285 views)

Rahul Kumar

Dear Shyam,

Though there are several questions unanswered in the minds of other HR site members such as which is the industry (IT, I presume), what level of employees are being targetted, what work are they pitching in for, more on the organization practices, etc., you could do the following :

1. Develop a form listing the tasks to be performed in the absence of the touring/on-site employees

2. List the tasks with the help of the touring employee/his boss/deptt. head

3. Quantify the tasks/milestones (if/to the extent possible), assign weightages and assign money value to them (I am presuming that the tasks are regularly to be done and are not sporadic/one-off..)

4. Publicise it by posting that in the concerned department with a copy retained in the HR department so that people willingly and readily take up the tasks of their colleagues.

At the end, assess them through their superiors and reward them, accordingly.

If everything is not so well organized or predictable and is more informal/one-off, then reward them based on broadly defined tasks and accompanying reward amounts. But some basis method needs to be in place. Otherwise it will be arbitrary and left to the whims and fancies of the superior/COO/CEO/Head of Department/Head of Business and may breed unhappiness.

Rahul

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.