No Tags Found!

shiva-sur
I am working in BOI as an assistant manager. I have made a blunder. I have debited the customer's account and credited my own account. After a few days, I was refunded but now the Bank has suspended me. Will they terminate me even after paying me back? Or can I defend in this case as I have refunded?
From India, Guwahati
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

The above Act of yours amounts to 'Misappropriation of Funds. Though you had refunded the money to customer accounts credibility gone is gone only and the Bank has all the right to keep you under suspension, pending enquiry. After enquiry for sure they will proceed with disciplinary action including termination of your employment. As you had refunded the money they might hold the process filing Police complaint. As you had accepted the guilty and refunded the money there is no way to defend but only can submit apology. Most probably Bank will not accept it. Being in responsible position of handling customer money you shouldn't have indulged in such a serious offence.

From India, Madras
raghunath_bv

Hi Shiva,

I can offer some general advice that might help you navigate this situation. It's important to consult with a professional or legal advisor for specific guidance,given the nature of your situation, here are some steps you might consider:

Acknowledge the Mistake:
It's important to admit your mistake and take responsibility for it. Avoiding or denying the issue will only make matters worse.

Document Everything:
Keep records of all communication related to this incident, including emails, letters, and any official notices from the bank.

Seek Legal Advice:
Consider consulting with an employment lawyer or a professional who specializes in labour law. They can provide you with advice tailored to your specific circumstances and jurisdiction.

Review Bank Policies and Employment Contract.
: Familiarize yourself with your bank's policies, code of conduct, and your employment contract. This will give you a better understanding of the potential consequences and how the bank typically handles such situations.

Cooperate with the Investigation:
If the bank is conducting an internal investigation, cooperate fully and provide all requested information and documentation.

Offer a Plan for Improvement:
If possible, develop a plan to prevent similar mistakes in the future. This may demonstrate to the bank that you are committed to learning from the situation.

Consider Mediation or Arbitration:
If appropriate, you might suggest alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation or arbitration to resolve the issue.

Maintain Professionalism:
Throughout this process, maintain a professional demeanor. Avoid any further breaches of conduct or policy.

Consider Negotiating:
If the bank is considering termination, you might try negotiating with them. This could involve offering to repay any costs associated with the mistake, agreeing to additional training, or proposing a probationary period.

Prepare for the Worst-Case Scenario:
While it's not what you hope for, you should prepare for the possibility of termination. Update your resume, start networking, and explore other job opportunities, every situation is unique, and the outcome will depend on various factors including the bank's policies, your employment contract, and the specific circumstances surrounding the mistake. It's crucial to consult with a legal professional who can provide advice tailored to your situation.

Regards,

From India, Bangalore
Anonymous

Certainly your act amounts to misappropriation of fund and recredit the amount in the customer does not absolve you from punishment. You are the custodian of the public money and you have utilised customer money for few days. Bank has rightly suspended being a responsible officer. An enquiry may be initiated against you and during that you submit your appoloy in writing and request Bank authorities to take a lighter view of the misconduct you have committed.
R R Kapoor
Vadodara

From India, Vadodara
pvenu1953@gmail.com

The lapse amounts to a mischief than a mistake; moral turpitude is inherent. It is your good luck if the employer takes a lenient view. However, once the employer takes a decision, there is not much chance for a remedy through judicial review.
From India, Kochi
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Your case deserve termination.Your actions are against the ethics of Bank, involves forgery and stealing too.
From India, Mumbai
rkn61

It is not a mere blunder as described in your post. This is a clear case of dereliction of duty
and misappropriation of a customers money, deliberate attempt of transfer his money to your own account, for your benefits.Such an act is very serious and as you are working as Asst.Manager, this will be viewed very seriously by your Bank management. This is not a mere mistake done by you.

From India, Aizawl
ssushr

There are many court judgements including Hon'ble Supreme court in which even after refund of amount, the employees have been terminated and the termination has been upheld by the various courts.
From India, Pune
aussiejohn

If this was a "blunder", I wonder how you would describe a serious crime? You credited YOUR OWN account. To my mind that is THEFT. It would appear that you spotted an "opportunity" to enrich yourself and you gambled on the risk of being caught.

A long time ago, I worked for the Australian Post Office. While on a training course, many of the trainees spotted opportunities for misappropriating money. Our trainers agreed with us that there were situations that could be exploited by unscrupulous people. However, they were also very quick to remind us that, in the end, WE WOULD GET CAUGHT. One of my friends from the course ended up in gaol for six months.

From Australia, Melbourne
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.