No Tags Found!

SHARMA,MANOJ KUMAR
Dear,
you can't add sunday as a leave in EL cases as factories act 1948 section 79 will help you.
however in case of Cl,Sl you can add it,this depend upon company policy.
Rgds,
Manoj Kumar Sharma

From India, New Delhi
dpsamal
No body has given clear and concrete clarification of the doubt/question of Sweta. After all it depends upon the type/category of employee and the mode of salary.
if the employee is a daily rated and payment is being made on daily basic and for 26 days in a month, then sunday will not be counted as a part of leave, if sunday is the weekly offday.
if the employee is an executive/staff and getting salary for the 30/31 days , then sunday will be counted as apart of leave for EL/PL, HPL etc. But it will not be counted as a part of leave for casual leave.
i hope this clear the doubt of sweta.

From India, Sambalpur
skhadir

Dear Sweta, You decide in favour of your organisation and employees rather getting confused. This is what i can suggest you. With profound regards
From India, Chennai
Divaspati
Dear Shweta,
There is no statutory enactments on this. We have to decide based on the Organisation's leave policy. Few Organisations follow the rule of Prefix &/Suffix of leave. There is no benchmark on this.
Hope it is clear now.
Divaspati Bhat

From India
rldhingra

dear shweta
how are you!
in this case if it is under factory Act , and if it is annual leave with wages any sudays/paid holidays whether occuring at either end of leave period o falling duing the during the leve period will be excluded .
if it is under shops and estabishment , whether Casual Leave /Sick Leave sunday can be prefixed or suffixed. but if it is occuring between the leave period it has to be counted as leave. However much depends upon the leave policy of the establishments . As per the question reply isgiven. if more clarificationrequired contact without hesitation.
thanks andregards
RLDhingra , Advocate &
Labour Law Consultant, Delhi
mobile 09818309937
e mail

From India, Delhi
psdhingra

Dear VK,

Like several others, probably you are also taking the issue off-track. I am sure you have not read the clarification given by Shweta, as follows at page 3:

" Hi Seniors

Thanks for your valuable reply. I forgot to mention type of leave. Its about Casual Leave."

Had you read the supplementary clarification given by Shweta, you would not have expressed the present views on the issue. It is not understood from where the question of - employee remaining on Leave Without Pay for entire month - has arisen when the question is very simple about Casual leave for Saturday and Monday only.

I know several of the members who rush to make their opinion appear in the forum, read only between the lines and never try to read the views of others, as appearing on other pages. Not even that, even the clarification given by the member who posted the original question to solve his/her problem, is also not read by most of the members. So, the issue is totally confused and instead of getting a viable solution he/she gets totally confused.

I am sure Shweta must also have been totally confused to find out conflicting views including all off-the-track opinions leading to more complications, rather than solving the problem.

PS Dhingra

Chief Executive Officer

Dhingra Group of Management & Vigilance Consultants

New Delhi

Mobile: 09968076381

[dcgroup1962@gmail.com]

From India, Delhi
santoshnilam

Dear Ms. Sweta,
Two types leave -1.Paid hoilday 2. Weekly off.
1. If an employee is found absent prefix and sufix of the both types of holiday , it will be come under leave means an employee will apply for three days leave.
2. Few companies are not paying for wages on weekly off, in this caondition an employee will apply only two days leave like Saturday and Monday if weekly off on Sunday.
mostly organisations are following the this rules.
Regards,
Santosh Singh

From India, Mumbai
kamesh_hr
Dear Shweta,
Suppose an employee are on leave during the month(30/31 Days), then you will not pay him/her 4 day(Sunday) salary. That's why Sunday will count as a leave.
Hope all the members should satisfy with my answer.
Kind Regards
Kamesh Kumar KHATANA

From India, Hyderabad
dsilvaclement

Dear Sheweta,
You can count Sunday as leave if:
1. It is leave without pay.
2. you pay for the month i.e 30 or 31 or 28
3. If it is the policy of the company.
4. In some company if they avail PL they ignore Sunday
5. If it is SL they count it as leave.
6. It is Matenity leave, you have to count Sundays as leave.
Regards.
Clement

From India, Pune
sumeet31
Dear Sweta, As per the law of weekly off, the employee should present / work one day before & next day of the w/o. otherwise he is not applicable for that puticular w/o benefit.
From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.