Shikha_Singh

First, please define 'excess'
An employee may use office internet (for 10 mins max) to book his movie tickets. But would you rather give him 2 hours off to go and buy a ticket?
Some companies have very strict internet policies which simply add to employees frustration.
Please be reasonable in whatever you do. Off course block certain sites, but dont be too strict.

From India, Mumbai
simmy2009

I feel you should design the policy to activate the Social Networking websites for certain hours in a day. Say 1-2 hours daily/per login id.
From India, Mumbai
bhupii
I donot know for sure but sometime posting a simple comment comes under the category of intense uncontrollable desire, so it may be a better idea if we understand the biology behind what so called mood.
From India, Dehra Dun
alkad
I have not understood why the HR would experience such an intense desire to control every action of employees. How does the HR know that employees are wasting time? If a person is efficient enough to compete his task in half the time cant he just relax or network? don't you think this also sharpens his proverbial axe? be bothered only when the task is not completed as and when desired. dont act as a police.
From India, Dehra Dun
mapscons

Issue an inter office memo and make all understand the need of the company to install internet not for personal use but for the deveopment of the company
From India, Velluru
deshsharma88
It's indeed not a simple task to refrain employees from accessing the internet in their office timings. As many would have said, follow these measures:
A) Ask the IT department to maintain strong filters on the prominent keywords.
B) Block all of the messengers.
c) Many MNC follow the ZTP. Accordingly, you can also follow the same.

From India, Khanna
bhupii
Its a bit strange situation here. Look, for me its not the easy task but this should be on individual level. Mood will simply makes you efficient and productivity increases but a kind of overdoing will let the productivity down because of overindulgence and distractions.
If you force them to not to use, its the compulsion which will eventually let the productivity down. People need them because they cut themselves from the outside world. So the better side is not to overlook the personal need and over-activity too. Hence the solution is not equivocate.

From India, Dehra Dun
jaiganesh2k

Dear sapna,
its best to maintain a proxy that can prevent these type of websites like movie downloading sites. and also you can track the individual usage of internet and individual website visit details. Check the same about with your networking department

From India, Madras
nadeem3arshad

There are so many points to be considered before doing any policy formation.
1- How many P.C Users are connected with net.
2- What type work they are doing with the net connection.
3- How many of them only needed INTERNET to recieve and send Emails.
4- How many have to visit different sites
5- What will happen if you block all websites except company website.
You can divide the users in different catagories.
1- Users only send and recieve E-mails.
2- Users only send and recieve E-mails & can visit specified WEB SITES
3- Users only send and recieve E-mails & can visit all Websites
4-USERS WITH ALL ACCESS

From India, Patiala
c.j.lakshmi
Hai,
I suggest you can bar the site ( music, video) to the people. There is a facility in internet to bar the site from viewing. Authentication problem another thing you can do is We can give notice that only (1GB Internet to be used ) for one week. I recommend 2 option because however we give notice also there is problem. We can find out how much they use for office and personal . It is possible you consult any computer Administrator.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.