VR Kadam

Hi Jyothi,
Dont waste your valuable time and career. Just Skip the Job immediately.
I feel that you need a job, which should be in your home town, due to some xyz reasons...You may be fearing about the availability of any other job in your town. But one thing I can say that...Just start trying...
Regards
VR Kadam

From India, Mumbai
HR.VK

Dear Mr Sharma,

I am not that much of an expert in HR but I can tell you one thing, If you quit your present job, then wont you feel that you have failed in your foremost HR function.

We as a HR Professional know what can be done to make the workplace a better one. But we cant expect other people also to understand the same. Its upto us to make them realise how a HR dept can be a value creator.

HR is not just about learning things yaar, its core responsibility is to make other people to learn and excel in their career.

Try to speak with your Mgt team. Make them realise the importance of HR.

* Use case studies of various organisations. A dept called HR is famous now only. If you look in 1970s or beyond that, in many organisations there was no HR dept atall, now we even have seperate forums called 'citehr' and many others specialy for HR. How cum such a huge growth was possible. Because of HR Professionals who realy thought that they can make a difference. And because of them now we are proudly saying that we are a HR Executive or HR Manager whatever may be.

* conduct classes with them.

* Conduct informal meetings, one on ones, Interact with the employees and explain to them about various HR or statuory needs which may help them. Tell me this how many of your employees know about the % contribution for PF or ESI from employees and employers.

Its all in your hands yaar, you cant expect to move train in just a push. Keep trying, one day you will win, like our senior HR Professionals did. If you have a passion for HR let that Passion reach to your management also. Let them feel the same.

Change is the only constant factor in this ever changing world.

To improve their present level they have to change. Let you be the change catalyst.

Regards

Vasanth

99401 58323

From India, Pune
ajay_ch4

Dear Jyoti,

Having been with a Maruti dealership I can emphatise with you. Those who have not been with such an enterprise may not really be in a position to appreciate the environment. This is true of almost all dealership barring a couple of them in the South.

But you must remember that the initiatives being insisted upon by Maruti are amongst the best. Simple things, cost effective and very good. So, even if your employers do not follow what MUL has asked for, you have learnt aspects that can be implemented, maybe not now but later when you get a chance.

Believe me Jyoti, frustrations in life are plenty. Even big companies sometimes drive you up a wall. But here you get a chance to understand what needs to be done since MUL keeps chaasing the dealerships. Handling incentive plans, having fun at work, training programmes, BSC etc are all good learnings. Do have a whiteboard with the name of the employee whose birthday it is? Costs nothing but you can do this. Talk to the sales people and get an idea from them as to what their incentive plan should be. DO NOT COMMIT ANYTHING. Just get an idea. Then compare it with the one MUL has sent. Now analyse what can be done to improve if at all it requires to be so done.

Carry out analysis of recruitments, separations and absentees. Explain the cost of recruitment for the loss of one salesperson. This should open their eyes somewhat. It will take still more time for them to actually realise the loss by not utilising their human capital efficiently.

My suggestion is that you can gain knowledge from here and then resign with dignity and in a professional manner. You have been here for only four months. Try and complete at least one year and then leave.

All the best

Ajay Chaudhari

From India, New Delhi
anthony
Dear JS
Bygones are Bygones..........start afresh..be a mentor of your ownself, see if you can really continue with the challenge of transformation then go ahead, but if you feel you are wasting your time please start searching for new job. But at your level, changing job frequently wont be of value.
Take this as a future learing.
Since the person was know to you, what you should have ideally done is visited the company frequently to get the feel of the place and working environment before joining.
I agree with Ajay that "Even big companies sometimes drive you up a wall". It is not easy to break the ICE. Its not their fault either as it is all because of their current organizational practice and values, if one has to bring in change, he has to strive hard.
Anthony

From India, Mumbai
paru

true, if you are not interested in doing the job, you are not happy with your present employment / employer you should immediately start looking for a other good job and quit asap.
As you already have a position of HR Manager and other good exp. if you have then you tend to stand a better chance in market.
but rememebr never stick to the place where you are not happie, it will act like slow poisoning, ...
it happened with me, not only 4 months but 1 full year...due to some reason i cld not quit, n i was completely lost...but thank godeverything is fine for me...
so cheers and best of luck to u for a better job...:)

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
radhika srinivasan

hi
Always do the work which gives satisfaction
I may not Suggest you to leave the Job immediately, but your co workers are not aware still what HR means.
Be clear to them About HR role and the importance of HR to the company
if still tehy are not willing, quit the job.
your First stepa As a Successful HR should be to make them Understand About Your Role and Importance

From India, Bangalore
ajitha.nair25

Hi Jyoti, I agree with other members if you are not satisfied with your current job you should not continue their look for other better opportunities. Regards
From India, Delhi
Latha Bezaleel
Hi,
In this situation , I suggest that you first tell your boss that you are going to resign from your job.When you tell this, obviously their first question will be 'why you wanted to leave the job?Then it will be the best opportunity for you to tell them upfront what is happening and what are your plans.Have an open discussion.If you have an assurance that they are going to support you then you can stick on, but if you think their mindset has not yet changed, then i think you have many other best options available in the market.If a person has to grow, his or her ideas have to be appreciated and put into practice.But i think there is no point in working in such a job where there is no growth.In this way if you continue, thinking that they are close etc, then this will rather hamper your career growth and your skills will deteriorate.
This is my suggestion.But friends i am open for correction and please suggest in case i am wrong.

From India, New Delhi
parvathy ramesh

Hi Jyoti I personally feel that if you are not happy pls leave. Your creativity will be killed in places like this. You are qualified pls start looking for a good job All the Very Best Parvathy
From India, Gurgaon
unusual_indu

Hi Jyothi
I have gone through the discussion thread but my advice to you will be different from most of the posts on this topic .I feel that switching over to a new company is no big deal you can always do that but you take this up as a challenge and try to bring in difference in the work culture by introducing employee welfare schemes by enforcing positive things in the workplace(if you want the details please feel free to drop a mail at this up as a challenge"prove your managment wrong" and make them realise "the value of HR" show them that you are worth the salary being paid to you ..
My advice to you is "try it once" ,if it doesnt work you always have the option of changing the job.
I hope this makes sense to you
Keep posting
Thanks and Regards
Indrani Chakraborty

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.