Florence123
Hello everyone, I have queries regarding my friend\'s situation in the office which I felt was unfair.
Can the company give her a confirmation which was dated about 3 months past her probation period? When asked, she was told that there was an intention to extend the probation due to the boss feeling that she could not adapt to the culture. She is a mature manager wirh more than 20 years experience.
Can the company delay cofirmation without an extenstion letter less of all a performance review or guidance. Is the subjective reason a valid reason for the extension?
Thank you.

From Malaysia, Ipoh
ruban anparasan
yes the company can do so. but the employer must issue a letter(mandatory) for the extension and the period of extension must stated in the letter.
can be any reason for the extension. there is no any specific reason for such extension. but related to the situation. they cant give irrelevant reasons. in your case the reason is could not adapt to the culture, in term of what.../ and please take note the employer can terminate the service of the employee during the probation period as well as the extension period of the probation. my answer is very general...

From Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.