rajmore22

Dear all
ours is manuf company we have been giving Sikc leave to employees, now my question is that,
if x employees does not take his SL and remain present for many years and on the other part y employees take their SL regularly,
now at the time of resignation, termination, retirement x employees ask for justification that they have been honest and not used their sl for entire years then why those leaves cannot be encahsed to them as rewards.
kindly suggest me what does the law says.
Thanks
Raj

From India
vishuapr81
as per law Sick Leave and Casual leave can not be carried forward to next year. you can search exact language on your state labour department website in which you have registered your company.
From Australia, Geelong
Madhu.T.K

Subject to existing provisions of Law the employer can make leave rules. Under normal circumstances only casual leaves lapse at the end of the year and sick leaves can be carried forward to next year and accumulated subject to certain limits as may be prescribed. Its encashment at the time of retirement or leaving the establishment is purely a management prerogative and there are companies which allow such encashment.
Regards,
Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
sarveshwarpande
Casual leave should be taken as an added holiday, bereavement, family reasons or to complete a financial obligation as long as you have never abused this priviledge. Note we are humans, and NEVER machines, so we should never ever attempt to ape them...... Its okay to take sick leaves so that you do not become very sick... Its an indication that you need to give urgent attention to your body so that others including your employers do not get to use sick leave. We should get rid of the old age thought that we should come to work everyday..... good but what if our metabolism does not allow us..... so relax, do your part and go to work, do your part,, no panchayti.. no buttering of superiors , no tension..... you would do well and if need be take the leave.. remember its a priviledge you could exercise. so waht you dont get the gold medal for the employee who never missed any day at work... perhaps the firm (after you have gone) may errect a bust of you and place it in the HR dept.......
From India, Lucknow
pon1965

In Pvt organisations, rules can be framed which are beneficial to the employees. e.g. in my organisation, the CLs are encashed at the end of the year for the unavailed CLs. Similarly, SLs are carried forward and eancashed at the time of separation.
pon

From India, Lucknow
vickky_baby
I have a challenge in my organization regrading Casual leave. Staff who request for casual leave if granted is deducted from the staff annual leave entitlement.
I feel this is not right and in my own candid opinion it is his/her right to be allowed at least five (5) days casual leave in a year.
Please i need your candid advise and what is the hr law and policies on this.
Thank you.
Vickkybaby

From Nigeria, Abuja
khs.ysr@gmail.com

HI
As per he law only previliged leaves can be encashed.
CL and SL can be availed in a calendar year.
casual leaves will be lapsed at the end of year once not availed
but sick leaves can be carry forward to the next calendar year upto the max of 30 depends upon the company.
if the employees not at all availed the leaves,theycan be adjusted at the time of notice pay and release the payment.
but we cant encash SL or CL.
Hari

From India, Hyderabad
skjohri1

Hi,
As per general perception in industry casual leave lapses at the end of the calendar/financial year, as the case may be. However, both Earned leave and sick leave are accumulated to the extent the organisation has so stipulated in its rules.
Regards
S.K.Johri

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.