vanukuru

Hi Team,

I have a query about OT and Stretches where the company I am working for from last 4 years has allowed me to work for unlimited OT & Stretches upto august 2010 and then advised me about 50 hours capping for the duration of 3 months quarterly, When asked for unlimited to higher authorities, they advised that Local Government authorities have put the capping..

My query is...

1. Why did they allow Unlimited OTs and Stretches previously?

2. Was the capping previously not available and came into effect recently?

When I asked for OTs and Stretches, they said in a quarter, you can do upto 50 hours, How can I escalate and whom should I go to?

If you people require any kind of proof that company was providing Unlimited OT and Stretches and it has stopped it recently and also the letter of escalation to Operations Manager, I can provide it ,

Please feel to speak to me and write to me in this regards,

Thanks and Regards,

Vinod Vanukuru,

IBM Global Process Services, Gurgaon,

Mobile: +91-8750176230

From India, Gurgaon
k_shenbagarajan

Dear Vinod,

Answers to your query

1. Why did they allow Unlimited OTs and Stretches previously? Earlier they would have not followed the Act/policy or not aware of the act, May be any inspection from Labour department would have come and asked to follow the same. or the employee strength would be low. As the case may be.

2. Was the capping previously not available and came into effect recently? NO, It has cleary mentioned under Factories Act 1948 (Section 64) and Shops and establishment act of respective state.

(i) the total number of hours of work in any day shall not exceed ten hours;

(ii) the spread over inclusive of intervals for rest, shall not exceed 12 hours in

any one day;

(iii) the total number of hours of work in a work, including overtime, shall not

exceed sixty;

(iv) the total number of hours of overtime work shall not exceed fifty for any

one quarter.

You dont need to provide any details or documents since your company is abiding by the law/act now you should also abide by the same.

From India, Mumbai
vanukuru

Hi Shenbagarajan,
Thanks a ton for your reply however I would like to ask Is there any way in which I can get the OT and Stretches increased since my father is a heart patient and my mom died and I am the only son in the family who has to look after the entire responsibility of medicines and father got operated for heart surgery for more than 2 times,
Please provide me a positive reply in regards to the concern,
Waiting for the reply,

From India, Gurgaon
k_shenbagarajan

Dear Vinod,
as of now it is fifty only. there is no posibility.
Moreover an expert committee has proposed for 100 hours /quarter in the amendment of factories act(june 2011) - not yet finalised. but soon we can expect this. But as of now it is 50 only.

From India, Mumbai
svsrana

there are several top notch firms which offer OT via a complex route.. these firms have 5 day weeks and OT is for working on all saturdays.
1-2 hours daily off the record are prevalent in several BPOs.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.